HELP with front windscreen

CMF_victoriacarpenter

» CMF Member
hi guys
I need some help my new micra k11 1995 needs new rubber and seal for the front windscreen .. I called O'Briens and they gave me a price ( $550)with new window as it has a small crack but I think it will pass rego so that is not needed right now , but I think it needs new seals .. has anyone have any ideas where I might get one from so I can put it in myself .....or if you know of the parts number

thanks Victoria

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
$560? Christ. I got mine replaced 3 years ago for roady and was under $200 from memory. Guess its who you know

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
I used to do rust repairs, we used O'Briens for all windscreen work and their prices were generally pretty good, around the 300 mark if they were supplying the new glass, significantly less if they were removing or reinstalling glass. So I have no idea why the micra cost so much. Did a top notch job tho.

CMF_habib93

» CMF Member
hey mate i used to work at O'brien where abouts are you located?

try and find the number of your local O'brien rather than the call centre and tell them a competitor (find a local one, i usually say novas) will do it for $250 can you match it 9/10 times they will match it!

o'brien is the best cos they don't slip the windscreen under the cowling we remove it and all replacements come with a life time guarantee.

hope this helps best of luck!

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
Thats a really good price. Are you going to be there while they do it?
I used to do rust repairs and the reason we used O'briens is cos they made sure the metal was sealed before they stuck a new screen on. When screens are cut out the blade will scratch the paint under the glue, if that isn't re sealed it can start rust under your screen. And cos 99% of cars with glued in glass have trim to hhide the edges you probably won't see it till its too late. Make sure they have a guarantee on their work..... more than 12 months... or watch them and make sure they do the job properly.

Back