Windscreen query?

Does anyone know if there is any difference between a RH drive car and a LH drive car Windscreen. I own a LH and autoglass were having a problem getting a windscreen untill I convinced them that there was no difference, at least I hope so. A previous LH car I had ( both normally were /are kept in Spain,) a Citroen recieved a crack in the windscreen at the garage it was being serviced at here in Coventry, and they had it replaced the same afternoon, so I do not think it matters.
Alfaz-di-pi

I used National Windscreens and could even choose which style as they all fit from different years. There was either the plain clear glass, one with a blue sunstrip, and the latest has the fly eye dots around the edge and behind the mirror to stop glare.

As the Insurance company (Spanish) deal with Autoglass I had no choice. However while looking for the Autoglass Depot in Coventry, ( they no longer exist and are mobile only with central dispatch) I came across the National Windscreen company and asked them, for price and availability, they said no problem, and was £130 + vat for supply and fix using their rubbers. Seemingly the original rubber surrounds cost £130 just for the rubbers. I was considering using them if autoglass gave me any more trouble and paying for it myself. Hopefully they are coming tomorrow.

National Windscreens re used my original windscreen trim as I asked them to if possible. They said that a lot of the time it's too brittle to reuse so they have their own universal rubber surround also. I was lucky mine came off ok and was still flexible.

Back