Will this eBay throttle body work on our K11 1.3's?

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
So I came accross this throttle body on eBay.
Looks to be OK, but I want to make sure it'll work on our cars.
I'm sick of the idle issues on my Super S. Tried all the basic fixes but can't seem to get it to idle right.

Link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/27118409...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3263wt_867

So, the title and the description says:
"Have one to sell? Sell it yourself
Details about JDM Nssan GA15 THROTTLE BODY SENSORS 1.5L Pulasr Vergaser

100% BRAND NEW NISSAN OEM LUFTMASSENMESSER

GA15 THROTTLE BODY / Nissan Pulasr

1XTHROTTLE BODY COMPLETE WITH ALL SENSORS

1 YEAR WARRANTY COVER"

I'll add the pictures in trailing replies.

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
that's the right thr/body, I have one but I've never fitted it yet, from what I understand without a professional tune you may have flat spots, but some improvement under full throttle, water lines are larger on this t/b but otherwise plug an play.

pity you aint a little bit closer, I'd let you testdrive both a good cg and ga t/b's

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
Cheers Rudy.

I just can't seem to get my stock one to idle right and after cleaning, soldering, adjusting etc etc, I'm kind of over it and figure, just get a new/upgraded one.

CMF_Tinky

» CMF Member
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-P...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d154a196a may be cheaper :) Yes got one fitted got a bit more pick up, K & N panel filer, runs ok on STD injectors got Ga15 injectors from the UK. Will Nistune it after Xmas. Water lines as Rudy says larger but got around that by epoxying smaller pipes inside. Requires cable adjustment (swap over bracket) and adjust idle with mixture hex.Remove outside cable guide.

CMF_royale

» CMF Member
Rudy WROTE:

"that's the right thr/body, I have one but I've never fitted it yet, from what I understand without a professional tune you may have flat spots, but some improvement under full throttle, water lines are larger on this t/b but otherwise plug an play.

pity you aint a little bit closer, I'd let you testdrive both a good cg and ga t/b's

Pretty much. I have the same TB installed from the same supplier in Taiwan. Required a bit of work with some lines. Definitely a flat spot in 2nd gear but winds out much better after.

Still yet to get a nistune on it either.

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
royale WROTE:

"Pretty much. I have the same TB installed from the same supplier in Taiwan. Required a bit of work with some lines. Definitely a flat spot in 2nd gear but winds out much better after. <BR><BR>Still yet to get a nistune on it either.

What work was required and with which lines?
If it's coolant lines, can we just bypass it?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
it looks like it has the extra quadrant for the cvt kick-down cable eh, just remove the nut and slide it off :)
the coolant pipes are mainly for the fast idle waxstat, many of us have removed both

Back