K11 Micravert Build

CMF_wudi

» CMF Member
Over a year ago I started a thread about the convertible k11 my girlfriend Donna and I bought off eBay. I don't know where it is now but I thought I'd start a new one instead :)

We originally purchased it to be our bunky daily driver as my Evo 7 is a bit hungry on fuel, but now it's become Donna's weekend cruiser.

We had it shipped over to Perth from Melbourne and registered it in February '12. Around Apri/May we stripped the car down, removed the engine to paint the engine bay and Donna got to work on prepping the body to paint.

Attached are a few pics of the car in it’s nearley finished form. As you can see we stuck to a colour close to the factory one and kept the de-facelifted look. We still have to have the roof and interior re-trimmed.

Spec wise...

Body:
Painted in Holden ‘Passion Red’
Super S front and rear bars
WALD front grill
Crystal headlights
LED Tail lights
New bonnet/fender/trims

Engine:
Hurricaine Extractors
2” cat
2” cat back sports exhaust

Footwork:
King springs
Koni front shocks
Whiteline front and rear sway bars
Lenso D1 wheels 15x7 +35 with Kuhmo KU31 195/45 tyres

ICE:
JVC Head unit
JL Audio components
Kicker 10” sub
Alpine Amp
Dynamat for doors and boot

Aquired but yet to be fitted:
Clear indicators
Super S fog lights
Tow hook cover
side mouldings
GA15 throttle body
Pod filter
Fuel Pressure Reg
GReddy eManage (may be ditched in favour of a nistune)

We have a ‘big brake kit’ from an N14 Pulsar however as the hub knuckles on the kit don’t support ABS we will most likely need to sell this on.

We’re also looking at getting some BC coilovers to drop the ride height just a smidge more.

Attachments

• 82243.jpg
    82243.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 44

CMF_wudi

» CMF Member
That's the only pic I've been able to compress to fit so far :)

I'll post some more pics of the finished car, plus some of the build pics up later tonight.

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
Looks amazing, and I am very jealous.

I remember this car being posted on here probably 6 or so years ago as being owned by the friend of a friend of a site member. They unfortunately lost track of it, and it was only mentioned by others as a ghost or legend of Australian micras past (a bit like Cisco's Bluemonster) only for you to buy it the other year and have it finally reappear and become public.

lol

If you guys ever look to sell it I'll be all over it, I can't believe I missed it on eBay that first time around!

CMF_hotfunk67

» CMF Member
wudi WROTE:

"That's the only pic I've been able to compress to fit so far :)

I'll post some more pics of the finished car, plus some of the build pics up later tonight.

Join photbucket (its free) upload your photos there and then post the links in your post.
Post a size about 800 px wide should do the trick.

CMF_wudi

» CMF Member
OK so here are a few pics of the start of the build. Starting with the car having just arrived in the post from Vic. Before going over the pits we made it look presentable.

Attachments

• 82385.jpg
    82385.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 38

CMF_Seb

» CMF Member
Pre facelift conversion + full respray + Super S front bumper + Lenso alloys + March cab.

Oh man. DAT win.

Back