Will this damage my engine?

isnt that just the same as the resistors...save ur money...prob cause more problems than anything (im sure theres a sticky on the resistors)

Lol they make there product look great by rubbishing off the others, even tho there's is just a pants! Glad you read the thread before fitting it

how can it improve ur MPG if the car thinks its runnin on colder air thus advancing the timing making it put more petrol throo the injectors making them work harder and making ur car run richer - using more fuel! Why kid on ur ECU its only gonna ###### up - those sensors are there for a reason! lol i laugh at the comments on the guys feedback - its their own fault for bein so silly to buy half the ####e he is selling!

You would be much better getting a Nismo or K&N replacement panel filter, for power gains. Running an induction style filter will just give a load of noise and be dragging in heat from the engine bay, so the engine wontt run as well.

Better off, if you want noise, to get a new exhaust can, as that will release some backpressure, maybe giving you a couple of BHP.

Bmx_Bandit said:
You would be much better getting a Nismo or K&N replacement panel filter, for power gains. Running an induction style filter will just give a load of noise and be dragging in heat from the engine bay, so the engine wontt run as well.

Better off, if you want noise, to get a new exhaust can, as that will release some backpressure, maybe giving you a couple of BHP.

Cheers BMX i will look into getting a panel filter,as for the can i already have one and yes it deos feel perkier and sounds lurvly

greg_k12 said:
Anyone tried one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Micra-K11-K12-Nismo-sports-air-filter-element_W0QQitemZ7975523989QQihZ019QQcategoryZ36680QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

want to get one but want to make sure it will fit first - there's no picture/dimensions

Cheers
I have the K&N version of that fitted to my K11, but i'm not sure if the K12 shares the same panel filter size or not... I'll have to check it out...

It seems it will...

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2060
application list for that:
http://www.knfilters.com/search/applications.aspx?Prod=33-2060

The Nismo one will probably not look too different to that :)

The K12 panel filter is much longer than the K11, so the K11 wont fit.
That is the case on my 160SR anyway.
Not sure about the 1.2 or 1.4 K12.

Bmx_Bandit said:
The K12 panel filter is much longer than the K11, so the K11 wont fit.
That is the case on my 160SR anyway.
Not sure about the 1.2 or 1.4 K12.
I think the 1.6 has a different airbox, and probably a few other different things, hence the engine code being HR and not CR

cr engines use k11 airfilters and the hr engine uses the same air filter as the 1.5 dci micra which im sure is the same as the 1.5 dci clios

eh up Fordy, you've made this point a few times before. don't think anyone's taken the plunge yet and investigated this Clio DCI airbox ....

Back