Will it fit?

In a k11? No

Only just in a K10. I've got half inch either side and the crank pulley is level with the slam panel

hmmm that be true, thinking of a good engine to put in from a donor car but cant think what. Any ideas?, I am taking into consideration, money, CC, power, difficulty and components needed E.G: gearbox ecu that kind of stuff :)

Well by picking a subaru engine that's one of the hardest due to size and configuration.
Not sure on your mechanical abilities. But if it's your first engine swap. Get a ga16 or sr20. Where there are guides and experience if you get stuck

The more power you go for. The more components you require increasing complexity and cost

yeahh thanks for that, it would be my first engine swap, might have to be a ga16, would love an sr20 but i think they quite rare to come by :)

Not rare. Just more expensive.
You'll need a brake upgrade. Custom shafts and mounts. That's about as difficult as the fabrication side gets for both ga16 and sr20
Of course wiring... but K11 looms appear to be able to run a ga16de (pending further investigation)
Moving up to stuff like the impreza gear. You're looking at a full front end rebuild (for a k11) complete floorpan restructure. Chassis strengthening. Better suspension, bigger brakes.
Unless you rebuild the subaru running gear you have to widen the car 80mm either side. As engine transplants go its one of the hardest in my experience.
Have a look at the "nissanubaru micra wrx I'll explain" blog shows half the work to be done :)
Evo gear would be simpler as it is similar to sr20 size.. just with an added transfer box and rear axle but costs twice as much

A transplant idea you could consider in the future is a starlet turbo engine
FWD, similar size to a cg13
Engine bays are similar
Again custom shafts, mounts and wiring

Hmm thats some real good info there dude. The ga16 sounds more down my street. If all of the looms by chance fit. Would it be just a straight engine swap regarding the new engine mount etc?

Hmm thats some real good info there dude. The ga16 sounds more down my street. If all of the looms by chance fit. Would it be just a straight engine swap regarding the new engine mount etc?
Search for 'GA16 SWAP INFO POOL' on the forum search function by title, that's where all of my measuring/researching has gone so far.

a year or so ona TV channel called Chop Shop, them guys got the front half of a Subaru and welded it on to a Mk3 Golf (i think it was a Mk3) anyway they got it all laser jigged properly in order for the car to drive spot on straught rather than crabbing, looked a little weird but it worked well, alot of welding and reinforcing and sorted!! so somewhere along the line its possible but with 5hit load of problems to encounter.... to be honest i wouldnt bother, thought is good but there are som many things to think about, i.e. massive brakes, bigger fueltank, cos you will be in petrol stations every day, chassis bars here, there and evrywhere... list goes on!

Nice idea!

J

Bigger fuel tank ? You've gotta get one in first :p the rear axle takes up the tank space and leaves you noooo room at all

aint bothering with a scooby engine aha, think i would go for the ga16. seems better fit, less mucking around :)

well, i dont see the point personally of fitting a 1.3, I will if it comes to it but I may be being power greedy but i think that i would have enough power with a 1.6. later on maybe turbo it so you get more power. Is it worth turboing a 1.3?

well, i dont see the point personally of fitting a 1.3, I will if it comes to it but I may be being power greedy but i think that i would have enough power with a 1.6. later on maybe turbo it so you get more power. Is it worth turboing a 1.3?

Worth turboing a 1.3? Pretty much all the cars on here are becoming cg13de+t's

yeahh, i mean what kind of power outputs can you achieve from a 1.3, plus i have a coil pack micra, would the 1.3 still fit?

yeahh i agree with you and i just been looking at the cga3's, quite interested, would you need the ecu and gearbox?

And there aint many around really

So, my 1.4 is a Cga3, OK thanks. If you turbo that it goes up to 200+ hp ?
I had a Silvia 1.8 turbo - what HP was that ?
Power from a turbo depends on so many different factors:
Boost pressure
Inlet temperature
Exhaust
etc etc

CA18DE in your silvia is 169hp stock apparently, most of this you can do an internet search for, the internet is full of horsepower figures and such :)

There's a little 1700 cc ally blocked engine out there, co-designed by Yamaha. I think (without much real evidence or justification) that the 1.7 Zetec-S fom a Ford Puma could be a worthwhile conversion. Whether the time and ingenuity needed to do it would outweigh the relative ease of a GA16 or boosting a cg I don't know. 93Kw /126hp from the factory, a GA16DE is (76kw /102hp) according to wikipedia, but that has an iron block.

I shouldn't tell but that red fiesta we had in this week had a 1.7 puma conversion... goes like a little rocket :) and from what I saw of the conversion it was pretty much a straight swap. It was a 1.25zetec version

@enuo... I dont know if.you saw it but I did a small writeup on the evo conversion. How its easier than impreza gesr as it sits in the traditional position. But with added rear axle and transfer box :)

I shouldn't tell but that red fiesta we had in this week had a 1.7 puma conversion... goes like a little rocket :) and from what I saw of the conversion it was pretty much a straight swap. It was a 1.25zetec version

@enuo... I dont know if.you saw it but I did a small writeup on the evo conversion. How its easier than impreza gesr as it sits in the traditional position. But with added rear axle and transfer box :)
Didn't see that no. The flatmates is a 1.25, and it definatelt needs more go! Must look over at pumaspeed again...

This shall prob be the last noob question aha. but if i get a cga3 would it be a straight swap?

Power from a turbo depends on so many different factors:
Boost pressure
Inlet temperature
Exhaust
etc etc

CA18DE in your silvia is 169hp stock apparently, most of this you can do an internet search for, the internet is full of horsepower figures and such :)
I just did a search - asked on here :p

Back