will i feel a difference with an almera airbox?

L.Williams

soundcloud.com/lwilliamsmusic
also, can someone answer this? if i buy a pipecross panel filter.. will it be better performance / fuel economy /sound (lol) than a cone filter ??

Jay recently had a dyno at 93HP, he has an Almera airbox and a 4-2-1 manifold. So I think it's safe to say it helps a bit but it's probably dependant on exhaust mods too.

Sound? With a CAI mine is much quieter than a K&N, still a bit of noise but very muffled. Nice.

Jay recently had a dyno at 93HP, he has an Almera airbox and a 4-2-1 manifold. So I think it's safe to say it helps a bit but it's probably dependant on exhaust mods too.

Sound? With a CAI mine is much quieter than a K&N, still a bit of noise but very muffled. Nice.
okay cool thats dont sound too bad, thanks bro

Yes I think you feel a difference .. on the theory side..you let more air in and exhaust gases outer quicker ..more power you'll have lol noise wise when mine hits around 5k I get a whistle sound.. probably cold air feed

It may gain you a little power but imo not enough to make it noticeable but thats only my opinion
i agree, the old bum dyno is,nt very accurate :) and if you are already running lean the GA airbox will probably make it even worse.
my SR20 t/b made the car actually slower, till i fitted bigger injectors

Yes I think you feel a difference .. on the theory side..you let more air in and exhaust gases outer quicker ..more power you'll have lol noise wise when mine hits around 5k I get a whistle sound.. probably cold air feed
haha okay cool man :)

haha okay cool man :)

i agree, the old bum dyno is,nt very accurate :) and if you are already running lean the GA airbox will probably make it even worse.
my SR20 t/b made the car actually slower, till i fitted bigger injectors
ohhhh interesting... hmm :p

If your fitting it on a 1.0,
standard power around 50??
You wont find a 10% increase in power from the filter you might find a gain of 1/2 bhp 3 if your really lucky but you wont be able to feel this at all....
However every little helps :)

If your fitting it on a 1.0,
standard power around 50??
You wont find a 10% increase in power from the filter you might find a gain of 1/2 bhp 3 if your really lucky but you wont be able to feel this at all....
However every little helps :)
yeah 1.0... and i know :/ just wanna feel a little more boost if you like when i put my foot down...more pull, acceleration etc

I don't know of much that helps at low revs.

I find my 1.0 with full decat, Almera airbox, 4-2-1 is pretty nippy in the higher revs (3.5k+) but lacks punch at lower revs (2k-2.5k)

I find my 1.0 with full decat, Almera airbox, 4-2-1 is pretty nippy in the higher revs (3.5k+) but lacks punch at lower revs (2k-2.5k)

Aye... If you want to really feel power in a Micra you've gotta be in the right gear with your foot down.

You absolutely won't get a "boost" feeling from an almera airbox. An airbox with a panel filter, cold air feed and a 4-2-1 with or without a straight through system is your best bet. Like everyone's already said Jay got 93hp from his 1.3 which is absolutely mental considering the mods.

I know it's not always a liable option for most people but a lot of people will tell you a 1.3 conversion is very worthwhile. Solid performance increase right out the bat and then you can modify it further.

ahh okay, so mostly it helps out above say 4k ? thats when you feel it ... okay cool!!

as for noise..... the shorter the intake system is, the noisier it'll be. i ran just a cone on the throttle body and it was immense! try and remember that the further away the inlet port is, the further away the inlet port noise is from you.

i had mine with an omp panel filter, ran a cold air feed near the hole but didnt seal it. decat the front, peter lloyd exhaust, bosch super 4s and was a very noticeable difference, and sounded amazing. hmmmm i miss it soooo bad

i had mine with an omp panel filter, ran a cold air feed near the hole but didnt seal it. decat the front, peter lloyd exhaust, bosch super 4s and was a very noticeable difference, and sounded amazing. hmmmm i miss it soooo bad
ahhh yeah ? niceee ;) i got a powerflow exhaust coming from suluR soon off here, almera air box, hopefully getting some twin spark HT leads, and a £3 turbo whistler for the exhaust off ebay ;) lmao naa scrap the last bit lmao

you need to buy HT lead from this website. i made a set that registered at 0 Ohms on the mutimeter. the standard ones range between 2.5K Ohm and 4.2K Ohm..... after that, there should be some slightly gapped bosch super 4s/

you need to buy HT lead from this website. i made a set that registered at 0 Ohms on the mutimeter. the standard ones range between 2.5K Ohm and 4.2K Ohm..... after that, there should be some slightly gapped bosch super 4s/
thanks for the help mate! i may need you to send me a link or two on what i need ?

Back