Airbox removal

Robb

Site Supporter
Hi ive just been flicking through the old Haynes manual to see how to take the airbox off my s reg so i can fit a nice cone filter intake on and was wondering if there are any tips on doing a proper job of it.

I have a breather filter to replace the hose but what is the 'pvc valve hose' it mentions all about? what needs to be done with that?

Meant to get it off a while back but keep putting it off!

Gonna have a good go at it tommorow. Gotta go out now will be back on in the morning ta!

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
I have recently been told that the breather filter should be withing the cone / air intake because the car naturally suckes the air / crap out of the engine. You may notice this on the filter in the airbox. Then I could be wrong.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
The K&N's come with a hose that does as pjg1979 has mentioned...though you could always just fit a little universal filter to the cam cover so you don't need said hose...totally upto you and as far as im aware no real performance difference which ever way you go. :)

OP
OP
Robb

Robb

Site Supporter
wicked jus realised its a two spanner job in the manual. should be easy enough. ill probably devise some tube attachment in the future but just whack a breather on the cover for now.