Almera Airbox + Carbon Cannister

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
This is a common problem I noticed on here and I am not sure if anyone has come up with a solution.

Basically im going to give this ago but if anyone whose already tried this has got any pointers i'd appreciate it.

Im going to modify the cannister mount so its only held in by the top screw and the bottom bit of the mount im going to saw off... Then im going to screw the top of the mount into the hole where the bottom screw hole is. (Sorry if I already lost you!).

Obviously now the fuel lines are all in the sodding way now so im going to need some washers and a longer screw to space the cannister away from the bulkhead abit to avoid this, but it still looks like a coolant pipe might be in the way, unless I mount at an angle.

Would mounting it at an angle affect the cannisters performance/work?

Once thats sorted thats half the work done :)

If anyone else has done this mod what piping did you use for induction tubes?? and how did you attach this to the almera airbox? Any pics would be great :D

Thanks all ;) If nobody knows yet I guess ill report back when Ive had chance to play with it abit.

Also I appreciate that removing the cannister is a perfectly viable solution it doesnt work as well on the 2000 K11s, and I think it would be good to have a solution where removal isnt needed :)

hmmmm could give that a go. got a funny feeling my canister is abit bigger though... ooh well if it is I can just get one from an earlier micra :D

cheers

can confirm this doesnt work on later micras.. so if anyone has a carbon cannister and holder going spare please let me know ;) if not ill pop over to the scrappy. cheeers!

Back