Will 15s fit?

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
I have 15s on mine with 45 tyres (195/45/R15) with stock suspension its fine.

With a 52mm drop on the front it rubbed when cornering hard and going over large bumps it rubbed on the rear. However since fitting the whiteline front and rear swaybars the problem has been solved!

CMF_Andreas

» CMF Member
You also have to remember that things like rim width and offset do matter. My 15" TD Imola's are 6,5" wide. With ET 38 and 195/45 tyres they rubbed slightly at the back when going over bumps with stock springs, but not anymore with the lower springs.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
19's may good and well fit, but they will definatley not pass an MOT (UK, presume AUS have something similar) so keep your standard ones ready nto change over for your MOT, my 15's bearley made it through my recent MOT to.

attached pic of mine at mo, its not lowered to, so if you have or decide to lower your car then this is another factor to look at as to the MOT side of things. hope this helps.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
a wheel that rubs inst a wheel that fits, a wheel that fits can be any size. strange you said your 15" barely away from scrubing. i have had 15" on 50mm drop and no problem at all with any srub. on full lock or over speedhumps.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
just what ive been told mate. last year i had my MOT done at Nissan. my alarm kept going off so i ended up waching them cary out the MOT. if there were any more problems with the alarm i would know what to do.

got speaking with the guy and he saw him boot build, dvd etc and was instantley my best friend, ha. he then said your wheels are rubbing slightley which could fail your MOT...no questions asked! but he ended up winking at me and saying 'you put those wheels on after the MOT didn't you'

so if they do rub..YOU WILL NOT PASS YOUR MOT! but mine obviously do. what the exact spec of yours polar, i think mine are 195/45/15. hope that sounds relistic ha. lowered to? dont know how you managed.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
fair do's mate, just out of curiosity, nothing to do with MOT. do they rub when under pressure e.g 2 of yoour mates in the back, hard conering etc.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Jaxx and Polar...

You're both probably running different offsets, thats why Jaxx's are rubbing and Polar's aren't.

I'm running 15" wheels with 195/45/15 and I don't rub at all with around a 30mm drop. I can't remember the offset though...

Sean

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
now your pusshing it ha, i dont know what spec my spacers are, must me standard if anyone knows what that is, because i havnt changed them.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
you offset should be stamped on the inside of your wheels.
i think 205mm would be too wide to fit on standard k11 properly, especially with the high profile aswell.

Back