wideband o2

superls

K10 Tuner
hi all, just a bit of a discussion really

im looking at a wideband o2 setup, iv'e decided im going with the innovate lc-1, now theres a couple of different gauges available, well 3 really.

theres the traditional gauge with needle pointer, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INNOVATE-G5-W...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439f6e14c2

theres an lcd readout one, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INNOVATE-DB-B...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439c274d93

and theres this one, its got an lcd readout and an led bar graph array around the outside, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INNOVATE-XD-1...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439c87fcef

any one had any experience/opinion with any of them? i prefer the 3rd one but a littel out of my price range, i like the look of the led one but wonder if it lacks the functionality of the moving needle or visa versa.

cheers, discuss :)

I'm torn between 1 and 2, more because of the simplicity compared to 3,

I think if I had to choose I'd go analogue

Ive got the blue lcd one :)

I like it...The lcd one, tells you the AFR in digital form (you've probs guessed this) and once you remember what each way means (which isnt hard -- big number lean / low number rich) its dead easy at a glance and see whats happening.

If you hate wiring then its not fun, but overall its straight forward. Also it looks like it cost money, which is good haha.

Though look around, you should find it cheaper than the ebay listing. :)

If i was going to do it again, just for mapping ease i'd have probably gotten the lc-1 with the onboard data logger (probs a bit overkill and its usefulness would be more because of an emanage blue software issue really :D).

However the innovate software doesnt really let you do anything with just the lc-1, yes you can log and review but you cant add in aditional info (rpm etc) as it wants its own data feed.

(If anyone can prove me wrong i'd be happy to know about it haha).

As a result it stops you easily using the built in fuel adjustment tables / graphing abilities (which is a shame as it would make it very easy to map imo). But again this isnt much of an issue if your piggyback / ecu software is more friendly.

So instead im using the emanage high jacking the lc-1's afr feed. But thats kinda irrelevant:)

The LC-1 is a very good unit for the price. I run an LC-1 with an optional XD-16 unit with narrowband into the Omex.

decided to order the £224 ebay kit from uk cos i was abit weary the £200 usa listing only accepted returns within 14days with delivery that could take 23days and would be problematic to send back if summin went wrong.
although after buying the £224 item, the ebay email says the seller is in usa while the items location is in uk :/
lets wait n see what i'll receive :)

haha, well seeing as most of my ebay items made more than i was expecting ill be ordering the £224 today too :)

ordered it and got it, came fairly quickly too, it wasnt uk stock, despite what the listing says, not had chance to fit it yet. saving for nistune now with next months pay, then bring on the boost hahaha

Back