o2 sensors

I want to instal an LC-1 kit from Innovative to richen the mixture up a bit without causing the ECU to go into panic mode - here is the conundrum - the engine has two o2 sensors.

One to monitor the air/fuel ration and one to check on the funtion of the catalytic convertor.

Does anyone know by how much the rear reads lean compared to the front?

I am told that if the rear is not leaner than the front by a certain margin then it will throw a fault and light up the check engine light and thus log a fault and cause the usually idle and dissinterested serviceman to actually have a real look under the bonnet with the result of bye bye warranty.

Any clues/info?

What are you hoping to achieve by richen the mixture? Because unless your getting more air from somewhere the power will go down

Installing a larger exhaust 2inch and free flowing air cleaner.

Right but sure your ecu will sort out the fuel mixture itself to a point,See if you can get the ecu properly mapped instead of wasting money on something like that there is absolutely no need for it on you application unless your going SERIOUS with n/a tuning(as breathing mods is not) or turbo/supercharging

That is the reason I wanted to know what difference the cat made to the a/f ratio.

If I fit two LC-1's and knew what the second o2 should read in relation to the first at any given ratio I would be able to adjust the mixture to whatever I needed and the ecu would be none the wiser.

That is the reason I wanted to know what difference the cat made to the a/f ratio.

If I fit two LC-1's and knew what the second o2 should read in relation to the first at any given ratio I would be able to adjust the mixture to whatever I needed and the ecu would be none the wiser.

But I dont think thats the correct way to got about it man ,its up to yourself

Have installed the O2 spacer after guting the pre cat and all is well. No CEL and more grunt with the same fuel economy. Installing tacho next to get exact engine operating revs at 110km/hr to ensure custom headers and exhaust are correct. Have made up 10 extractor manifold plates so if the exhaust works out I will make some more stes of extractors to sell. The only ones I have found on the net for this engine are bloody expensive!!!

Back