Why the SR20 TB, GA15 TB or GA16 TB?

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
Question... just out of interest, wondering why you have chosen the throttle body you have.

Was there any benefit choosing the one you did over the others? More power? Better flow? Easier to install? Less hassle etc?

It'd be good to know to help others decide.

CMF_fuzzy-hair-man

» CMF Member
As no one seems to be fielding this question you might have to do with my less informed opinion...

I saw it as for a N/A CG13 there are 2 areas of restriction the exhaust and the inlet manifold I've so far got bits to help both of these so I then moved on to what might be the next restriction (or one that could be solved cheaply) which considering the GA15 TB is almost plug and play it seemed like a good option and one came up cheap. As it has the same bolt pattern as the standard TB if it doesn't work / causes difficulties / or doesn't improve things I just change back.

I liked climberjoel's specs, and it seemed to work well.
https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/78928

The next step if I choose to go there will probably be cams or a lightened flywheel.

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
Thanks mate,

Any response (that's not stupidity) is a good response.
Just figured if I thought of the question, then I'm sure many others would've thought of it before me.

CMF_solarice

» CMF Member
I've got a ca18 tb on mine, reason for fitting was...i'd installed an sr20 maf and didn't want the stock tb having the maf in the way so swapped it out for something more open.

Plus it was a bit of an experiment.

Seems to make some difference for normal driving but under boost i doubt it makes that much difference apart from removing a pinch point.

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
i've had a ga14 tb and primera injectors and a light flywheel for at least 12years,,,not probs..i remember burning a few ecu's when i was putting in the fuel adjuster..... otherwise, i highly recommend doing... i remember a standard k11 had no throttle response, couldn't blip the throttle on a down change to be kind to the gearbox.....now i can.... also as i recall 0-100kph times are .8 to 1.2 sec quicker once its all tuned up.... doing this was in preparation for a low boost turbo which i had for about a year before blowing a head gasket and cracking the manifold.....there is a thread or two about my build somewhere..

Back