GA15 tb idle high?

CMF_Meeecra

» CMF Member
Hey guys new to these forums just got my first Micra, most of you would probably know it as it was on sale here. It's red has a bunch of super s bits with coilovers, ga15 tb, ga15 injectors spitfire leads etc.
At the moment it idles at around 1200 and drops from 1900. Should I just adjust the idle screw on the throttle body or is it because its still running the stock ecu?

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Firstly nice purchase!

for the idle 1st try the idle screw, although be carefull not to over tighten, they are plastic and very easy to break.

2nd adjust the throttle position sensor (loosen the screws and turn sensor either side). Ill check the voltage of mine at the moment and can give you a rough figure to aim for.

Also is the coolant being bypassed? I found that with the coolant line bypassed i couldnt get the idle right, now with the right adapters and the coolant running through it idles perfectly - I have a ga15 tb with stock ecu (with a piggy back adjusting fueling)

CMF_Meeecra

» CMF Member
Ok will do . Thanks man first Nissan I've bought been a toyota guy before. The coolant line has been bypassed, I'll try the idle screw but I'll hook up the coolant line if I have no luck.

CMF_Meeecra

» CMF Member
No worries, cheers mate I'll check mine tomorrow gotta do some other stuff to the car like lift up the rear springs/coilovers.

CMF_bongo bus

» CMF Member
I
climberjoel WROTE:

"Firstly nice purchase!

for the idle 1st try the idle screw, although be carefull not to over tighten, they are plastic and very easy to break.

2nd adjust the throttle position sensor (loosen the screws and turn sensor either side). Ill check the voltage of mine at the moment and can give you a rough figure to aim for.

Also is the coolant being bypassed? I found that with the coolant line bypassed i couldnt get the idle right, now with the right adapters and the coolant running through it idles perfectly - I have a ga15 tb with stock ecu (with a piggy back adjusting fueling)

What did you do too avoid coolant bypass? Is there an adaptor designed for the car? Or do we just get some 3/8 pipe and go all bush mechanics on this bitch?

Back