HELP!!! GA16 TB MAF removal and wiring

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
Hey guys,
1. I'm running an aftermarket ECU with MAP sensor and was thinking of removing the MAF sensor as it wont be needed. Additional to this I was thinking about cutting and grinding away the metal section which houses the MAF sensor (see picture) to increase the air flow through the throttle body.

Now the question is is there anything located within that metal section which will render it inoperable if I remove this section? Anyone done this before ?

Attachments

• 81959.jpg
    81959.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 58

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
2. The wiring to the idle control valve is different compared to the cg13 TB. Does anyone know what wires need to be connected in the loom (see picture). I've read that it may you may not even need to run the i/c/v as it can be controlled by the ECU, someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

Frank ....I believe this is right up your alley, any info would be greatly appreciated.

If there are any other issue associated with this swap that someone knows about could you let me know.

I know there are old threads out there but it's not 100% clear to me ...I'm a bit slow. lol

Attachments

• 81960.jpg
    81960.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 49

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
what ecu are you running?

might be easier to cut up a 4ef starlet inlet manifold and have the k11 flange welded on? I'm pretty sure I have a starlet manifold with throttle body lying around if you want to give it a go.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

"what ecu are you running?

might be easier to cut up a 4ef starlet inlet manifold and have the k11 flange welded on? I'm pretty sure I have a starlet manifold with throttle body lying around if you want to give it a go.

I will be doing that soon :)

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
Hey Tye,
Running an EMS stinger. Whats the diameter of the starlet TB? Is it much different compared to the 45mm micra TB?

Hi Frank,
Your probably right if I'm going to use nothing but the TPS and don't need the i/v/c then a sr20 TB maybe the go, more flow too.

I'll just needed to get a plenum intake fabricated to suit the SR20 TB. I can feel a trip to the wreckers and a phone call to a friend who can TIG weld on the cards soon. ;)

As per question 1 do you know if it is possible to remove the MAF housing on the GA16 TB, out of curiosity?

Thanks guys.

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
May be an option, let me see how I go. I think the sr20 throttle body is a better option for me as the intercooler outlet is 60mm so it will match and cause less of a bottleneck effect into the intake.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

"<a href="http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/climberjoel/IMGP3261compressed.jpg" title="http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/climberjoel/IMGP3261compressed.jpg" target="_blank">http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/climberjoel/IMGP3261compressed.jpg</a>

That's Climberjoel's inlet manifold, which i believe is a starlet plenum and runners welded to micra flange. I'm pretty sure the 4efte throttle body I have is 50 mm.

It's a Micra flange, starlet manifold, with a SR/CG TB plate welded on

Back