SR20 Throttlebody

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
General question,

If i got my hands on an SR20 throttle body and one of the adapter plates that were kindly organised by 'turbo march-rolling shell' what else would I need to take into account.

There was some discussion on the idle control valve not being an issue, what about the Air Flow Meter, is it easy enough to do away with the Micra one and get something from an rb26?

Would the ga15 injectors be able to cope?

Also is there any major difference between the Jap SR20 throttle body and the local one (if anyone knows)?

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
I got one on ebay for same price but just unsure as to what else would be required (but it was the jap model one)

So it would just be a matter of buying that plate off you and going from there.

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Yeah my max bid was 51dollars figured if you sniped it so be it, cheapest SR20 throttlebody at wreckers was around 60-70 mark so petrol and time costs etc.

If I would of known someone else was after it (from here) I would of held off haha

yes you need an adaptor, no i'm not getting anymore made, so go buy mickeybbb's one :D, yes you can use an rb26 afm, but a rb25 one will flow more. ga15 injectors are fine, and an safc will still control all that setup quite easily. there's no difference between jap/aus/uk whatever sr throttle body's. then only difference is in the na jdm s13/14/15, the n/a engines have slightly bigger butterfly's in them so get one of those if you can.. ca18 throttle bodys will also bolt onto the same adaptor.. smaller diameter, which means less topend but crisper midrange.. oh, and no you don't need the idle control.

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Turbs, if i got my hands on some tomei poncams, would i be able to use the SAFC or emange blue or would i require stand alone ecu?

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
crumpets WROTE:

"Turbs, if i got my hands on some tomei poncams, would i be able to use the SAFC or emange blue or would i require stand alone ecu?

SAFC or emanage will be fine, a emanage will work better, and a stand alone ecu will work even better but it depends how much coin you have..

sportsclassic WROTE:

"crumpets WROTE:<BR><BR>"Turbs, if i got my hands on some tomei poncams, would i be able to use the SAFC or emange blue or would i require stand alone ecu?"</DIV><BR><BR>SAFC or emanage will be fine, a emanage will work better, and a stand alone ecu will work even better but it depends how much coin you have..

what he said. stock computer will work fine with em too.. that's all im running in the blue car atm with 256/264's

Back