Why the Micra?

Ok here's a question for all out there . . . what appeals to you most in the Micra?

To start this off, for me it was the stealth image.
Here in Malta the idea of a modified car is usually something on the lines of a bubble Corsa with JAP kit on it, tiny alloys and a wheezing 1.0L with a fart can bolted on. Food for my Super S at the lights :D

Fun...I've had a K10, a K11 and now a K12 and that's one thing they all have in common besides the badge ^_^

I love how if you tell someone you drive a micra they almost always say "...Oh one of those granny cars?"
yeah...one of those *shifty eyes* LOL
...pulling away from the lights whilst the big man next to you in his Audi A4 quattro is still too busy laughing at you...well....who's laughing now, huh? :p

It's the funniest thing right? :p ...that raised eyebrow and creepy smirk...

...and another couple of things...the running costs...Its reliability ...and it's ease...

...easy to sort if any problems arise and of course they don't really tend to..
...low insurance groups/tax/economy etc...
...easy to drive...even without power steering...

it's a car that's just a nice place to be...even if you don't have Electric windows/Power steering/ABS brakes...and all that "safety stuff" :D
it's simplicity is one of it's strongest points i think ^_^

ETA: every time i drive around i can't help but smile ...Love it!

I got my K11 because it was given to me, for free. I found it was bullet-proof reliability wise, small enough to squeeze through 90% of gaps, really nimble in the twisty's, and it had loads of power in the lower rev range where is where I usually keep mine. Added bonus was good fuel economy.

Since getting my K12, based on the value for money I found other small hatches, and because I was so impressed by those aspects of the K11, I've found it's fewer of those things, in no way reliable, bigger and a lot more top heavy in the twisty's and more power higher up the range but it's a lot better than the K11 on motorways and parking (although, having parked my mum's K12 Activ a number of times I can tell you that's even better than the Sport+, and nothing short of simply amazing).

I guess what keeps me drawn to the Micra is that,it's what I have, and I'm quite lucky to have it. Even if I do get more than my fair share of the obligatory stick from everyone when you say you drive a Micra haha.

I supposed a good combination off all of the above reasons, i got given my micra from my almost senile grandmother when they finally decided to take her off the road,
And I loved it, didn't go too fast, wasn't too slow, and even better I didn't need to worry about scrapes as in the 10 years she had it lovel ole gran had managed to scrape every since panel of the car, I am not joking there isnt a square foot that doesnt have some damage =( (but it does make those pricks in merc's move in gridlocked birmingham traffic, no mate you cant bully in here, your cars worth about 400 times mine, good luck :p)
Then there's the reliability, and the ease of modification, :)S) and finally I wanna get pulsar'd! 4wd micra ftw!!!

I supposed a good combination off all of the above reasons, i got given my micra from my almost senile grandmother when they finally decided to take her off the road,
And I loved it, didn't go too fast, wasn't too slow, and even better I didn't need to worry about scrapes as in the 10 years she had it lovel ole gran had managed to scrape every since panel of the car, I am not joking there isnt a square foot that doesnt have some damage =( (but it does make those pricks in merc's move in gridlocked birmingham traffic, no mate you cant bully in here, your cars worth about 400 times mine, good luck :p)
Then there's the reliability, and the ease of modification, :)S) and finally I wanna get pulsar'd! 4wd micra ftw!!!

That's one of my favourite bits of owning a cheap, small car. The 'scare the sh*t out of arrogant knobs in big expensive cars' factor. On my way to a friends a 10 in the morning the other day and this insignia taxi decided it wasn't gonna wait in the roadworks traffic and tried to overtake everybody and cut in at the roundabout, I think he was expecting me to slam the brakes on to let him in but I just pushed on, and he got preeetty close before he realised he had to loop round the roundabout again. My day was made even furthermore when at 8 o'clock that evening on the same roundabout, same taxi driver tried pulling the same stunt on me again, and failed again, very nearly taking out the car behind me. :D

That's one of my favourite bits of owning a cheap, small car. The 'scare the sh*t out of arrogant knobs in big expensive cars' factor. On my way to a friends a 10 in the morning the other day and this insignia taxi decided it wasn't gonna wait in the roadworks traffic and tried to overtake everybody and cut in at the roundabout, I think he was expecting me to slam the brakes on to let him in but I just pushed on, and he got preeetty close before he realised he had to loop round the roundabout again. My day was made even furthermore when at 8 o'clock that evening on the same roundabout, same taxi driver tried pulling the same stunt on me again, and failed again, very nearly taking out the car behind me. :D

Ye true :) I work late at night and its also funny what you can get up to at 1am on open roads. Not the first time I find diesel 5 series drivers thinking they are the stig... only to be overtaken by a Micra :D

Like many on here, fun factor. I've had a 170bhp almera gti and pulsar vzr both stripped out and with plenty bolt ons. Both cars while having plenty of power to boot lacked fun, my k11 on the other hand in complete stock trim has been nothing but fun as well as bullet proof! I've kept a hold of it as it was my first car but as well as that, through all other cars i've had, each time i find myself going back to the micra. :D

Also the sleeper factor too, many a car ive buzzed past and shocked, some many people wouldnt expect, a friend of mine drives a 165bhp levin bzr 20v blacktop and up til he hit 4th gear i was neck and neck with him in the micra and he couldnt lose me in the bends then after. That's why I love micras

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

got my k11 back on the road today after a breif 2 week stop off with another polo, so much happier in the micra, i love it, so much more fun to drive, its quicker. and soon to be back eating tarmack :D

ive got a micra because there
cheap reliable transport
fun to drive
nippy even in standard tune
and i owe my life to my 1st one (got run up the back off i was stationary car that hit me was decelerating from 60 and that punted me into a transit doing about 45-50 mph and i walked out of it the micra was sadly dead though) rest in piece trusty micra dot

ive got a micra because there
cheap reliable transport
fun to drive
nippy even in standard tune
and i owe my life to my 1st one (got run up the back off i was stationary car that hit me was decelerating from 60 and that punted me into a transit doing about 45-50 mph and i walked out of it the micra was sadly dead though) rest in piece trusty micra dot

Have to agree with the 'owe my life to a micra' point, I locked up my brakes at 60 approaching a T junction and hit a tree, front end was wrecked, underside had bent, and the car was written off, but the only part of the passenger compartment that had any damage was a small dent that had nudged its way into the heaterbox, I walked away pretty much unharmed from a crash that should have killed me.

For me, its a number of things. When my dad passed away my mum wanted a small reliable runaound after years of driving the larger classic barges she shared with him, so I suggested a Micra would fit the bill. She was chuffed and on the few occasions I drove it I thought if I ever needed a smaller car then a Micra would be the car for me. The my employers moved from 3 miles away to nearly 20 miles away so the gas guzzling, slightly unreliable and tired Austin Maxi I had needed to go, and was replaced with a Micra. Cheap on fuel, reliable, inside everything is in the right place (switch gear, pedals etc), easy to work on, remind me of my first car (Mini Clubman Estate), They have a certain 'classicness' about them, nippy enough in either 1.0 or 1.4 form, they feel like they have more room inside than most others in their class, and quite simply, I like them, the way they drive and the way they look.
Also, on a slightly nerdy note, I recently learned that the Micras CG engines are the direct successor to the Austin Maxi E series engine, which my late father owned/obsessed about for the last 20 years, and myself for about 15 years, which is nice to know :)

I got my nissan micra for like 2 month ago, very cheap, but i saw the ability to build on it to look even more awesome then it did, my friends was all like ''why did you buy that granny car'', and i said ''well, you have a car who cost a fortune and you almost cant pay for the fuel and i have a nissan micra K11 who i am building on and use money on and i can still pay for everything when he is living at home and i am not, all i have to say is ''**** you, i drive a micra:cool: ''

i got mine because it was cheap but now im planning to build a second one specifically to beat my mates civic type R so I can see his face when hes beaten by a micra. Ultimate sleeper :)

My 91' Mercedes-Benz 230E boilded and blew the headgasket, so i bought an 86' Nissan Micra GL instead, and its just awesome, but i feel it lacks the low end torque of the merc that would almost never downshift (auto) and accelerate good from 100km/h and up.

CG13DE with turbo will sort that out tho i think :)

Skickat från min HTC Sensation Z710e via Tapatalk 2

Hi wanted somthink small 2 door and reliable to do up you dont see many micras modded just plenty of corsa's,polo's with those stretched foreskin tyres on lol i love it when the oap's give me the thumbs up.

Back