Why A Micra?

thegman89

Ex. Club Member
Heya,

It has been a while since I posted - used to have a K11 as my first car - until I changed to a Pug 306 D Turbo. But now I'm looking for a new car again I'm half thinking of going back to a micra to save a few £'s!

Just woundering why do YOU like Micra's? Tried a searh but the word why was too short!

Cheeers
G

Welcome back!
Cheap on petrol and insurance and to buy in the first place!. Japanese Reliably. Quick and light. Easily modable and different to your average fiesta, corsa, 306 :p

Lol i think this will be a long thread :)

I think the best thing about them is ten to fifteen years ago they kicked ass compared to the respective opposition and under-rated. I know from experience that a k11 is better in every way to the old corsa b for example (only needed to drive one for ten minutes), the old corsa was a bag of crap but for some reason everyone bought them!

Nowadays they are brill cos they are cheap in every way and they are well built, i mean how many other cars had cam chains back then. My first micra was a hand me down and the only major thing that needed changing in its life (brakes etc. not included :)) were the cv joints after 8 years and 80000 miles!

Im sure others on here will have a few things to say anyway hope this knocks some sence into ya!

i had mine given so i didnt speculate! i love it though, for a 1l its very fast, agile, cheap on petrol, and most of all gets me where i need to be XD

Look at the fiesta for example, the Si Zetec Sport version has the same specs as the Micra. But Micra came standard with this power, it didn't need to be branded a sport car to offer the same power.

Same for all the other cars in its class. It might be a Micra, not the best looking car in the world. But it sure as hell has a mighty engine, be it a 1Ltr or a 1.3Ltr.

Even to this day not many cars of young age can still compete with a 14 year old Micra. However the common chav has difficulties understanding this.

iam into the japanese car scence and there Reliable! modifiying is about being diffrent so why not mod a micra? + there mippy for a 1.3 and will give a saxo vtr a run for its money ;)

I started a thread on this a while back;
Here
But basically;
Easy to drive
Simple
Has personality
Advanced for it's age
etc.

I wanted one since i was 15.. Because no one i knew, asides from the older generation, had one.

I was pleasantly surprised when i got my K11! Old people give them a bad rep!

The Micra is/was the MX-5 of the superminis. Based on european styling (i.e. the proper 'new mini', as a pose to that german strictly-four-seater 'estate agents' car and well built.

Still amazed by the stupid granny image cos it was based on the mini, esp. after i smoked my girlfriends mates' boyfriend in his 1.2 corsa c following his digs!

Nice Little Mota, Nippy, Well 'ard engines, Reliable, Decent sized boot for size of car.

Basically the Micra has character.

Bulletproof engines :)
I got my 1989 K10 LS a few years back for £100 and I've never had any engine trouble(115,691 miles). The only issues I've had have been care related. Forked out £500 to fix some rust on the chassis, £75 to fix an issue with the lights, £200 for a new starter motor and now my local mechanic is telling me that my "Starter ring" is going. God knows what that is but apparently he's going to have to rip apart the gear box before he can even give me an estimate. Could be £150, could be £350. I mean the only issue is that I'm getting a "grinding" noise and the car's not properly turning over when I try and start, but it goes after a little while...I'm starting to think his recommendation to replace the starter motor was perhaps a liiittle bit premature. If anyone has any ideas on what it is please tell me...I just love the K10's the bits. I like the box styling...So anything from the 80's sits well with me.

That went into a bit of a rant. o_O

P.S. Hi. First post. :>

i found another reason to love my K11!
if you stand at next to a rear light facing the same direction the car is and put your hand onto the rear light and close your eyes... its like a bum!! :glance: im allways coppin a feel as i walk to the door now haha and tell all my mates my car has a bum

Back