Micra engine dont start, no idea why

CMF_Virusash

» CMF Member
Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. my Super S got riddled with rust and i decided to break if for parts. I have still got the shell with the engine (no bonnet) I covered the engine with an old thick curtain and a full car cover.. it has been covered for months or so.

I wanted to start her up as im looking to get a 1.0 litre micra and do a 1.3 conversion to it. After a long time i thought ill give the 1.3 a start. It doesnt want to start, even tried hooking up the almera gti to it aswell but no luck. After putting the immobiliser key in and then the key in start, while trying to start it nothing happens, just a click and that's it and plus the immobiliser light gives up the light until i let go. by the way i have no dash or interior at all, the only thing i can go by is the immobiliser light.

I think the battery is dead so i tried another which is reading around 14v and 12,5v when trying to start the engine. Can anyone tell me what i should do to get the Super S 1.3 working again? (im not very mechanically minded im just learning as i go along, so please explain in enough detail for me to understand).

Before starting the engine i forgot the ECU was not plugged in, so i did that and i tighten the ecu wires bolt by hand. would this make a difference, plus i removed the starter motor and dizzy and put it back together, have i put it in wrong? any reason will help. Does the starter motor have only one wire connected or is it two?!?! Its been some time since i looked at the micra and want to start a project.

hope anyone can shed some light onto this, as i have no idea where to start.

Thanks in advance

CMF_Virusash

» CMF Member

CMF_Virusash

» CMF Member
Are you talking about the thick wire (black and yellow) which is attached to the battery on one end and the other to the side of the engine block.. well i tried pulling it but it feels as though it attached to the side of the engine below the dizzy

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
yes ash, they,re usually attached via the starter bolt, and i assumed you had,nt refitted it when you put the starter back on (if you forget that earth the starter just clicks i believe)
you could try some jumpleads and 2nd battery earthed on the block and live,d to the starter main terminal eh

frank

CMF_Virusash

» CMF Member
Thanks Frank,

Just got a half the day off today so i removed the starter and hooked it up to the a spare battery and spins fine and even the solenoid works too. I put it back together the way i removed it and got the battery hooked up and tried to start the car.

I can hear the fuel pump priming in the ON position of the ignition barrel but as soon as i try starting it, it still clicks at the ignition barrel and nothing happens.

Anymore things i need to do to get it started?

Thanks again

Back