Who's had a parking ticket?

To coincide with the penalty points thread i thought i would start this:

Ive had 2, one was a £40 fine from the council and the other was a £30 fine from the Police. £70 on parking fines in 2 years and 2 months of driving.

Yeah, but i have stopped them giving tickets to people by pretending their car was mine - i guess im just a good guy.

Funny though because when you confront them, they know they would get smashed up, so as soon as you declare the car as yours - followed with a "whats up pal?" they scoot away fairly quickly.. :p

I've only ever had one... On the day I passed my test!!

I came back from the test centre buzzing, saw my mates walking down the highstreet, got the nearest carpark space and ran off to the pub with them (for a cola!) then 5 minutes later thought "Oh crap i forgot to get a ticket", lo and behold it was there! :(

Apparantly the car park I parked in has attendants patrolling it all the time... The words 'bees' and 'honeypot' come to mind... lol

James

I'll usually just buy a ticket. Saves me getting a £30/£40 fine. Most places in my town are only 20p for an hour.

I was at the Doctors, my 30mins ticket ran out and i got a parking ticket while i was over the road in the chemist getting my prescription.

Rubbish.

Ive had two, one a few weeks ago. tried to appeal both but was just delaying the inevitable really. Both issued in a multistory where i park for work,

Both £30. One was for parking too long in a short stay carpark (despite having a valid pay and display ticket) and i didnt bother buying one the other time. I only had notes & coins the machines didnt take!! so annoying

Arnold said:
Ive had two, one a few weeks ago. tried to appeal both but was just delaying the inevitable really. Both issued in a multistory where i park for work,

Both £30. One was for parking too long in a short stay carpark (despite having a valid pay and display ticket) and i didnt bother buying one the other time. I only had notes & coins the machines didnt take!! so annoying

but they accept owt when you pay the fine,,lol

I've nearly been done, I didnt have any change, so i ran to the nearest shop to change a note, and came back to find a parking steward towering over my car. They should have change machines next to these, as you can drive round town for ages trying to find somewhere to park relatively near to a shop.

ive got a few :
1.parking in a bus stop nabbed by the local cops doing there 1
and only beat of the day

2.parking on an invisible double yellow line by a fat **** of a
traffic warden whilst playin pool had been in the pool hall for
all of 5 mins when i said wheres the line mate he just said oh
theres a sign pointing to the bit of rust on the wall

3.outside college for parking on a sigle yellow parked there all
year not been done since 10 out of 10 for consistency boys

4.ive been fined for litterin aswell 50 quid what a joke but to be
fair i did nearly hit him with the bag of mcdonalds papers

ive had 2 and nearly 1. appealed against one and the let me off coz i bouht a ticket just kept it in my pocket duhhhhhhhhhhhh other one i was bout 15mins late and he was there puttin it on my windscreen so begged him and he let me off. he other was parking on a pavement outside leeds uni coz i saw other people do i thought it was okay, not so got a 30 quid fine for that

3 I've had!!!

Got 1 coz I forgot to buy a ticket.

2nd was given to me WHILST DISPLAYING A VALID ticket. I took the parking ticket and my pay and display ticket to the wardens office on other side of manchester by foot, coz you can't drive to it. By the time I got back they was putting a 3rd on the car. I refused to pay either of them, and they sent me a letter saying sorry :D

did u know that if the man get's the name of the car rong then u cant be fined(because you clame they got the rong car even if the reg is right ) so there is a good resone to debage your car if you ever needed 1!!!!!

so that is a way to get the ######s but this wont work if car is clamed or towed ....

ive had so many ####ing parking tickets its unbelievable, its like they wait in bushes or someting or have a damn tracker on my car

the worst thing is at my house ive got a yellow line outside and i get ####ed for parking my car outside me own house

you shouldnt have brought this up, it makes me mad

i think they shound be ####ing burned at the stake the ####ing ####s,

I honestly don't understand how people can complain about getting a parking ticket. You know that you need to display a ticket, same as anything else, you can't complain about being caught speeding or drink driving etc. Just don't do it and you won't get caught

Got one after buying a 24hr ticket and parking, then leaving and coming back to park again (all in the 24hrs). They knew the car had been moved.grr

A guy at work had returned to his car to find a warden there trying to give him a ticket, but when he talked to the warden he found that they couldn't give him a ticket as they couldn't identify what model of car it was! - It was a Vectra (new style) but had been debadged and had an Irmscher grille fitted!

had one at work once but because they said i was outside the markings (have to bear in mind that this carpark is wasteland) so i argued the toss and got them to cancel it by going to the head office in london (i emailed them) lol

got one at work for parking in a loading bay while for work i was loading/unloading the car....

got my money back after 4 1/2 years....

m1ck97 said:
I'll usually just buy a ticket. Saves me getting a £30/£40 fine. Most places in my town are only 20p for an hour.

Hell! Is 30p for 20 minutes here!

I've not had one yet, but nearly did, when the ticket machine ate all my money and never gave me a ticket! :wasntme:

Alienfish360 said:
I honestly don't understand how people can complain about getting a parking ticket. You know that you need to display a ticket, same as anything else, you can't complain about being caught speeding or drink driving etc. Just don't do it and you won't get caught

Wrong.

When you get a parking ticket for loading/unloading heavy boxes outside the back gates of work, then you will complain. I dont know where attendents expect you to unload.

Back