Supercharger

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
WEll bought another SC12 supercharger off e aby. Would you believe the guy lives in Tassie and had bought it in from Japan and has a genuine 22000 kls of use, so its like brand new.He is now buying a SC14 so lucky me.He has a mate who lives in Japan and I have already asked him about Micra bits and pieces.
THe one on Whitey showing some very slight traces of oil post supercharger so means the oil seals are on the way out and will also check the bearing.No idea how many kls. it has done but as it came off an Aussie 4agze would suspect many.In hindsight should have stripped it and replaced oil seals pre the upgrade. Evidently seals last around 100,000 kl plus.
Oil seal kit not available in Aussie.$40 for complete kit ex America.Funny the local Toyota dealer was very helpful and gave me the web site in America where to source spare parts. Evidently the SC12/14 supercharger were on many model Toyotas sold in America.
We ( Errol) are going to see what is involved in making a smaller super pulley now we will have a spare one to play around with. From the current 12 to 14psi would be a nice gain and from what I read that is the upper limit for a SC12.
I am really happy with Whitey.Its very driveable and wife can handle it no worries.How you want it to behave depends on how quick you push the gas pedal down and then it tends to be a very smooth power curve all the way through.
I will get it re dynod once the new supercharger goes in. This will be in Jan.
I thought I would reach the end of the road with Whitey but always something to play around with. Maybe look at the intercooler next as its the stock standrad SC12 one and was designed for 8psi boost.Still I have the water injection as a bonus so no great hurry but I am sure it is one area where some gains can be made.
Colder the air going down the throttle body the better.
On,on forever on.
Maybe in 10 years time when they take my licence away from me due to old age Whitey will be perfect.
I look back Cisco and think of the day I first saw it sitting on the wharf in Burnie and never dreamed it would end up the way it is.
Been a journey thats for sure with no end in sight.

cisco

» CMF Member
Bad news re:seals, but good news re:fixing it quickly and revising things to squeeze a bit more out of old white knight.

Yes what a humble beginning for that car.

It came from the Central Coast just south of Newcastle. I drove to Wyong to a car dealer to pick her up in 100% complete factory form. Stock as.. Even had a stupid towbar kit fitted at the time - how annoying!

Had so much fun getting that car started and stripped down to basics, and then its like it hit a whirlwind when it got to Tassie and transformed into something else.

Now its one of the best in the world!

CMF_Tsuyoshi

» CMF Member
is it possible to set up the supercharger without an intercooler and blow off valve? I was wondering how you were able to mount the supercharger as well, I would really like to do something powerful, but not have to do a whole bunch of custom work. Could you possibly send a pic or post one of how you got your S/C in? Thanks!

Back