Whiteline adjustable panhard rod

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Has anyone had problems fitting this before?

I've just had my car lowered using matt's 50mm kit, so had bought this to be fitted at the same time, but the garage said its a few inches too long, even when adjusted to the smallest setting..

I haven't had chance to look myself yet but wondered if anyone could shed some light? :)

Then they're ######ing up :D

mines lower than that and my whiteline panhard rod fits fine...tbh i cant even see where they'd be having a problem. :S

I'll have a look myself in a bit, I'm hoping the rain's gonna stop for a bit!
I'll get pics if i can see why they're having a problem, being a facelift shouldn't make any difference would it?

Try yourself, its only a few bolts, then once youve done it properly take it to the garage and tell them they are a bunch of useless idiots :)

I think i see why it doesnt fit.. If I'm holding it up against the right bits.. pic coming soon :)

First off, is this where it's meant to go?! :blush:
DSC_0627.jpg

And if so, this is the problem:
DSC_0626.jpg

cant you jack the car up at the back which will open it up, check how far in the wheels are sitting when the car is on the ground, if its normal then i dont know what your problem is :p

yearh car should be jacked up when fitting a panhard rod... it doesnt fit a the mo as the rear axle is on the p##s the whiteline one is the right size the standard one should be the same but its not the whiteline one rectefies this problem.

once the rear is jacked up it will fit fine... altough standard one is a ball ache to remove! lol

it will fit, once you take the old one off you will see the axle moves quite alot, so it should fit.

it is deffo a micra one...as said will fit fine, the standard one is shorter as it only copes with 30mm or higher (standard height) the white one copes with lower springs i.e 35mm or lower the panhard rod also takes more strain when the car is lower, thus this one beeing longer as it lines the axle up to its correct postion..

when i lowered mine, it pushed the axle to the right by about 8mm, so my stock p/r is 8mm too long (which was countered by an extra spacer on the n/s wheel :))

I had the exact same problem Robert. And Ive seen pics of fellow micra club owners over here and mine seems too long as well. The sticker on the rod says its for the k11 (also correct part number, but the rod is the wrong one, I've send demon tweeks an email, never got a reply back.

I guess they mislabeled a batch of them. I'm off whiteline and Dtweeks now, going for a nismo or cusco one.

Just been outside in the dark :laugh: and measured the one fitted to my car...the bar from where it attaches to the welded collar (where the bush fits) upto the far flat end (where the nut is welded) is about 29 inches long.

I say about, as i the cars to low tbh to get a proper measurement.

But from your picture it does look to long to me (might be an illusion?)...but its possible i may need to retract my original statement about the garage. :blush:

HI Rob,

Just seen your tread about the panhard rod and I must say at the moment it looks like we may have had a batch of incorrect panhard rods sent by Whiteline. I will check the others tomorrow and let you know.

Matt

Hi Rob

You are dead right the panhard rod is too long, I've just measure the others I have in stock and they are all bagged up the same with the same part number. I will ring Whiteline on Monday and get some more organised and give you a ring to let you what is happening.

Matt

Hi Rob

Did you get the replacement Panhard rod and the money to return to incorrect unit?

What do you think to our 50mm lowering springs and the Bilstein Dampers?

Matt

Hi Rob

You are dead right the panhard rod is too long, I've just measure the others I have in stock and they are all bagged up the same with the same part number. I will ring Whiteline on Monday and get some more organised and give you a ring to let you what is happening.

Matt

Is it also possible to find out where the incorrect rod was intended for? I've ordered mine a while back and the seller does not respond to my emails. If I know where the rod is for (model, make) I can still try to sell it and get some cash back.

It's difficult to say because I try to keep a few in stock and reorder when I'm down to 2. Because I have only found 2 which are too long I'm not sure when they actually came into stock but |I would guess it was around Feb time.

If you can noy get any response from your supplier I would look at modofying the one you have to fit the car.

It's better to be too long than too short.

If yopu want any more parts for your Micra drop me an email.
[email protected]

Matthew

i've droped mine 50mm on the back should i get a panhard rod and y should i. cuz me car seems fine n i will be gettin a set of coilovers from mat soon (end of feb) so when i adjust the hight wat about the panhard rod wat do i do then ?

I know this is dragging up an old thread but I was just researching 50mm drops... much earlier this year I fitted 30mm apex springs and a whiteline panhard rod from rallynuts; my panhard is adjusted right up full and it only just fits with a 30mm drop, so I must have one of these knacker rods and I'm screwed for my 50mm drop lol :(

Back