white k10 dials

cardiffboy27

Ex. Club Member
hey all has anyone got some old black k10 faces that they no longer need as i have found a company that will copy them and turn them in to white dials for about £10!

the dials i am after are the ones i have attached and if they look good it could be an option for a few of us to order them
let me know if anyone can help :)

Attachments

• micra dials.jpg
    micra dials.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 315
I have a picture of white K10 dials (not 'super' ones). I'l post it up if i can find it. Will give you an idea of what they'd look like

I have only a spare set of LS clocks... If you get some white SuperS dials made up I will have a set is they are sub £15 quid.

im after a set of GS/GSX dial cards, if i can get them done and see what they look like in mine then it will be well worth sorting others out if they look good looks like i might have 2 get a set of old dials from a scrappy when i get payed

here's my super s dials display I made years ago....

I have the original scan as well if anyone wants it.

Kev

Attachments

• all.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 411
hey dude, can you advice me on the best way to duplcate a set of my own dials but I want red with white numbers, is that possible?

If i print this on photo paper, could i just cut em out and put it in my car?? or they need to be a special material? would paper just bend with the temp/humidity changes in the car?

Just glue it on over the top of the existing ones. Standard paper would be fine.

arnold, thats a good idea, just need to buy red led's to put in the dash now!

just wondering though... would we have to cut the numbers out so that the light can shine through?

Nope, however the original dials sit on a green plastic sheet. You'l need to have bright enough bulbs / leds to change this colour from green to red. The original red bulbs i had burnt out, i got the below red led's from Ed.

I've found my images, sorry for the small size white one. The only larger images i've got of them are when i took them apart!

k10-super-s-white-dials(AA).jpg

and at night

k10-super-s-redlights(AA).jpg

When I did mine I printed them onto a very thick photo quality paper / card.

It was something like 200g, they were fine for quite a long time, but in the hot summer they begin to warp slightly, however I just re-printed them and they were fine for months.

If Arnold's look that good stuck to the orginal dials with uprated bulbs I would suggest doing it that way.

lol arnold thats the EXACT look im going for. im gonna go for it and stick em over the top of the old ones. will post pics when im done (might be a while).

lol arnold thats the EXACT look im going for. im gonna go for it and stick em over the top of the old ones. will post pics when im done (might be a while).

Mine aren't white anymore by the way. They didnt look that great with everything else in the car being black or red, so changed them back to black! :)

i was gonna make the entire face red? do u think this would be any good? or too much red. maybe just change the bulbs like you did. i got blue ones in there now.

Here's how they look now ... The surround has been sprayed silvery grey, dials still black. I think all red would be too much, but that's just my opinion. We all do things a little differently so if that's what you want, you should go for it!

Dials.jpg

spraying that is a nice idea, i might give that bit to my mate who is an airbrush artists, let him have some fun with it lol.

just relised in the first pic the clocks state 34K miles, and the other pic just 17K. did you clock the car? if so how did you do it cause i need to clock my car to add some miles to it. its showing less than it should. Cheers!

Yes it's certainly been clocked lol. Whatever the dials say is how many miles i've done in the car since owning it. Overall milage is around 115,000.

Take the dial out and remove the bar which stops the numbers from spinning freely, then adjust the dials and stick it back in. Its very fiddly and you may never get it working correctly again after you've tampered with it, so spent alot of time on it. i bought and repaired some dials from someone as they didn't have a clue and totally messed them up.

You could also use an electric drill, but your going to be there all week. It only spins i think around 30mph lol.

Another thing, super s dials are a different design to any other. You may find the above procedure is useless for your ones.

lol i'll not bother then. was only gonna bother if it was easy. ill just put a sticker under the dash with the amount of miles to add to make it correct... but im never gonna sell the car so dont really matter.. lol your clocks and car reminded me of the film Christine, when he makes his car look more and more sweet and its rolling the miles back by itself. wikid film. and an awesome car as well :)

Cheers for the help mate... see you soon to collect that rear spoiler!

Back