which spark plugs to go for

CMF_Lodo75

» CMF Member
Before everyone goes telling me I should search the forum fort his….

I did but couldn’t find a conclusive answer….
I have a standard 1,3 only cold air and pod filter, I like to rev it a lot, I’m using the std nissan plugs now, and I need to change them soon. and I found many different types… are there any I should be looking for, or avoid for that matter…??
Advise please,

Thnx and greetz from the netherlands

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
replace them with the standard NGK version of the nissan ones. Steer clear of the iridiums as they are a waste of money. Go cheaper on the plugs and upgrade the leads if you want to spent money.

CMF_woohoomobile

» CMF Member
Ok, From the 2004 New Zealand NGK book, (most import models)

K11 Mirca / March BOTH 1.0 and 1.3

Standard BKR5E-11

Iridium BKR5EIX-11

off topic a little
I agree that the Iridiums are a waste, unless say in a V6 magna, where its cheaper to put iridium plugs in the rear three every 3rd change, than it is to pay the labor to change them at the std plugs life span.

CMF_Tinky

» CMF Member
Woohoo a tin of petrol & a match will fix a Magna at plug change time. In fact any time! Std. NGKs seem to to be good. Just bought some of those ebay Bosch Super 4's as used by EBBdude to try.. made in Germany will see how they go. Unsure what increased gapping he uses though?

CMF_ToToL

» CMF Member
Bosch super 4's are great if you can find it at good price!increased gaps trick works, but some test to do to get the best spark, more test to do if you cut the eelctrodes like EBBdude!tested on a NA subaru and throttle response got better

Back