Platinum spark plugs on 1.3 engine

Hi everyone!

I'm looking around to get things done on my car, and something i should change are the spark plugs.
I'm not getting misfires and all that, but i had to bump all them when i changed the oil because the separation was more than it should, so i noted i shiould change the spark plugs.

I've been looking, and as far as durability is concerned, platinum spark plugs are a nice middle ground between standard plugs and iridium plugs, and as long as i can tell, they will probably last some years before i have to think about them again if i have to check anything.

The thing is, what should i look when i buy them? I know my engine is CG13DE, but isn't like it's written on the plug, so i don't really know what i should install. Or should i go for factory plugs?

I'll listen to you all...let's see what we get.
Thanks.

They do look fine, but i'm not a plug expert so they might not be. Overall there isn't any humidity on them or any weird color, just a light black layer of whatever, i guess not bad for at least 15000km they didn't even check the oil. I don't know the intervals neither and i've read somewhere they should be changed every 12000km, that's why i ask about platinum plugs.

This one doesn't have individual coilpacks, but as far as i can tell, that isn't an issue as i can push it kinda hard and won't doubt on any single moment. Cables are rotten and i want to replace them but they are working fine for now, and the plugs that go deep into the plugs are new-like, no corrosion or anything. Still, the cable "cover" is dried out of the years (factory cables) so probably isn't a bad idea to change them anyway.

I didn't disassemble the distributor cover so i can't comment on that, and anyway i didn't check the coil as it doesn't seem to be causing issues and i don't know where it is right out of my mind xD

Anything more i can help ?
Thanks

I've only ever had to change a spark plug once. In a generator and took along time to select a NGK one. The old one was just a Chinese copy. I thought it was dud. So put in an NGK it was too long. And could have damaged the generator. But was shown as a matched replacement..
Any how it didn't fix the generator. I had to change out the cable and igniter pick up. At fly wheel (not sure exactly what it was called now)
After a whole year of head scratching. That was a simple solution and it worked again.
Before this it seemed to run poor and rock a lot. Eventually giving up and not sparking at all..
I did put a new exact plug in because that one was cheap and fit better in that case.
I know that there are better spark from branded plugs. I would replace mine with like for like or nearest match.Platinum plugs sounds like something for a racing car or perhaps its just a gimic word for a fancy spark plug that does the same thing.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Platinum plugs sounds like something for a racing car or perhaps its just a gimic word for a fancy spark plug that does the same thing.

Well, i can't say you are wrong, but something i do know about platinum plugs are that they last longer than standard plugs, and i do like the idea of something better lasting longer on my car. Iridium plugs are what might be used on racing tho, and those are much more expensive, even up to 30-50€ each, but those should last 80000 to 100000km on a stock car like my micra, so that's something i'd like to know better. What i can assure you is that the wording is just the tip material, nothing else.

I use stock NGK, never had a problem and ran my old ones in others cars no problems either , Bosch had problems , and I ran iridium in my bike with no gains in life or performance over stock or cheap ,
Alot of the iridium and platinum are for turbo, performance ,or like the nissan note long life (probs cause all the tb ect comes off) but they are expensive , on a CG engine for how easy it is to get to them doesnt matter, it's also depends how much ect you use the car , my plugs are 8months old and be getting changed soon (2kmiles off its service , 9k intervils )

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Back