Which multi-scart adaptor do I need?

J

Jim

Hi,

I'm fed of up of switching scarts every time I want to play on the xbox or use my dvd player. So obviously a multi-scart adaptor is the answer.

Now i've found a couple, but am struggling to see the difference between them and deciding which one I need.

first off, we have the parallel multi-scart adaptor:-

172089m.jpg

but then we have the multi-scart switch box:-

108_123s.jpg

so obviously, the main difference is one has switches and the other doesn't. which will I need in order to play my xbox one minute, and then turn my xbox off and my dvd player on? ie. what does having switches do that having scarts in parallel doesn't?

I have the first one but am having trouble when using my xbox as when I play it and the NTL is the picture distorts, so I recommend the other

My mate has the top one to run various bits and his is ok. il probably end up getting one aswell

but does anyone know the difference having switches makes? rather than parallel?

With switches u can choose what signal goes to the TV, i.e. you can leave ur X-box on pause while watching a DVD, then pausing the DVD to play the PS2, each time switching sources. The first one just takes all the signals and sends it to the TV, dats y goldstar gets interference, more than one source trying to broadcast to the TV at the same time!. If you are happy to turn off whatever ur using to use another then go for the first one if its cheaper, if the second one is a good price go for that, its the better one!

And goldstar, if u just turn off ur NTL Digi box when u want to play ur x-box r wotever u shudnt get any interference coz there is only one signal being sent to the tv!

Back