which model car is GA15?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
makes WROTE:

"Hi, this engine as never sold in Australia... the people with GA15 throttle bodies and injectors have usually bought them new from a company called "Pulsar Parts" or imported from the UK

non in the uk either, plenty of GA16,s tho (same bore, and black injectors, but they have a different idle control set-up tho)

frank

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
in australia, see pulsarparts.com... mine was bout $200... when first fitted dropped my 0-100kph by .8-1sec from memory.... yes a direct bolt on... fuel will go a little on the lean side at full revs so at least get a adjustable fuel regulator to be sure.

CMF_Lodo75

» CMF Member
damn, i'm looking for a ga15 tb as well, have a lot of trouble finding one
but i'm from holland. and here we dint had a nissan with a ga15 engine... does any UK members know somthing. its a lot cheaper to send it from the uk than from dow under... ;)
maybe an adres were i could order one..??? thanx

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Lodo75 WROTE:

"damn, i'm looking for a ga15 tb as well, have a lot of trouble finding one<BR>
but i'm from holland. and here we dint had a nissan with a ga15 engine... does any UK members know somthing. its a lot cheaper to send it from the uk than from dow under... ;)<BR>
maybe an adres were i could order one..??? thanx

you should have GA16,s tho ? (same 50mm bore, but i had to cut the idle control valves off and mount the CG one remotely)

frank

Attachments

• 49521.jpg
    49521.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 16

CMF_Lodo75

» CMF Member
haha thanx for the reaction, and love the DIY!! okee, but don't need a adaptor plate to make it fit aswel?? and were does the tube go to from the butchered original tb?? if this is an option i'll do this, the ga16 isn't realy rare around here..
thanx

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
lol, i cut the 2 i/c/v,s off the GA one (they hit the fuelrail btw) and plugged the holes, then piped the CG one into an (unused) manifold vacuum pipe (the valve just leaks air past the T/B butterfly to raise/lower the tickover basicly)
i think you could (alternatively) wire-up the GA i/c/v,s but you would need to raise or angle the T/B so that they clear the fuelrail, and yes, the bolt pattern is the same :)
edit, the coilpack type t/b has a different bolt pattern tho

frank

Back