jap engine part upgrades for cg13.

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
hey guys.

off to japan in a week or so and im hoping to hit up a jap wreckers while im there if i get a chance. im looking for bolt on factory options for my micra (as its pretty wild on the out side, i want to keep the engine looking relativley normal :p).

so far ive decided on...
pulsar Ga15/Ga16 throttle body upgrade (direct bolt on)
pulsar airbox (read around the traps that bolts on too)
ga15/16 injectors (bit unsure on this one)

is there anything else i should be looking at... maybe getting a jap cg13 ecu?

oh~! and another question is... anyone know of a March tunning shop in osaka, koyto, kobe???

thanks.
john.

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
the ga15 injectors arent really a worthwhile upgrade. still tend to leant out without any other real modifications. ga15 throttle body is an ok upgrade but you will have quite a few flat spots in your curve. will need an aftermarket computer or air fuel controller to smooth that out. why go an airbox when you can use a pod? it would be a much better upgrade.

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
well.. my mate (who has lived there for the last 5 years or so) says when they get a micra in there usally junked within the first 15mins (there everywhere over there!!! there like j/lands excel... i kid you not!!!) i think pulsars are similar...

im happy with my car stock engine wise to tell you the truth.. but if i can get away with thoes parts for less than 50 bucks... what the hell, bolt on, get a bit more go out of it.

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Pod on its own unsheilded can be debated as to benefits, having a significantly larger airbox with a decent K&N panel filter gives you the available air benefit which is handy.

Ideal option is to box off the pod and have a cold air feed in then your cruising (someone already had one of these made up on the forums).

Most of the UK peeps do the larger airbox upgrade over a pod unless its a cheap and nasty pod (as in they cant spring the 20-50quid for the airbox)

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
YOUR MICRA WONT BE LEANING OUT WITH STOCK INJECTORS EVEN WITH A POD AND A FULL EXHAUST. Well mine is not anyways. But as you said you can go the ga15 TB and injectors for a bit more grunt but i have not done this as i am still unsure of whether its actually worth wild or not. Best of getting a turbo kit from there

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
i figure a air box upgrade is the best option, when your car looks like mine a cop cant belive the engine is stock so a factory looking upgrade would be mint. the only benefits ive ever seen with a pod is that there small (so they can almost fit anywhere in the engine bay, rather than cutting down a std. air box to fit) and there cheep. the stock micra is epicly small so a larger air box has to do something!

but i think the point is being missed... ill only get these parts if there under 50 all up. turbo would be sweet but i already have a turbo car, i dont need two big fuel bills. so ill give injectors a miss... TB for sure, air box... if i can fit it im my bag :p

P1010482.gif

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Factory bolt ons are the go, but you might be able to get some CAMS over there cheap enough if you keep an eye out, specially when you dont have to pay the fees and shipping to bring em back.

If I was going over Id grab some Aspect or Tomei Cams, JUN flywheel, GA15 TB + Airbox and call it a day.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
^^^ good call there Crumpets.

But if you get the flywheel make sure you get the 3.9kg one not the 4.6. I did the 4kg one and wish i went lighter. But big difference all the same

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
haha...ok... well my buddget might not extend that far but if i come across a pair for cheep i might just pick them up :D

comming across car parts in japan is alot harder than people think. most work shops are well hidded and you need someone local to take you to them unless you speak japanese well and read it.

wreckers should be easy (TB, airbox, injectors... ecu?) but cams and flywheel will be abit harder to come by.

smidge

» CMF Member
i just got back from japan 2 days ago, might be a little hard to get what you are after with the language barrier, have you got someone with you who can speak the language?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
sikK11 WROTE:

"^^^ good call there Crumpets.

But if you get the flywheel make sure you get the 3.9kg one not the 4.6. I did the 4kg one and wish i went lighter. But big difference all the same

Weights are in fact 3.6 and 4.3kg for the JUN flywheels. I wouldn't think there's much benefit over purchasing them over there instead of going through perfectrun with EMS shipping as it'd be about the same cost I'd think.

Cams and T/B would be worth getting and you can more easily keep them in luggage.

Wanna pick up some bits for me mate? :p Surely you can fit a set of wheels + tyres in hand luggage, right? Haha..

---dens

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
BAHAHAHA~! if it was only that easy :p

a 20kg bag limit doesnt strech too far when you got a 10kg bmx in it already :S

if i find anything very small and of huge interest to the micra community ill pick it up... sending back a few box's of stuff when im there. will see what i can find.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"sikK11 WROTE:<BR><BR>"^^^ good call there Crumpets. <BR><BR><BR><BR>But if you get the flywheel make sure you get the 3.9kg one not the 4.6. I did the 4kg one and wish i went lighter. But big difference all the same"</DIV><BR><BR>Weights are in fact 3.6 and 4.3kg for the JUN flywheels. I wouldn't think there's much benefit over purchasing them over there instead of going through perfectrun with EMS shipping as it'd be about the same cost I'd think. <BR><BR>Cams and T/B would be worth getting and you can more easily keep them in luggage.<BR><BR>Wanna pick up some bits for me mate? :p Surely you can fit a set of wheels + tyres in hand luggage, right? Haha..<BR><BR>---dens

sorry not sure on the weights. I got the heavier one of the two and wish i got the lighter

smidge

» CMF Member
dude if there is any march ST gear, small stuff like Bypass Control Valves (looks like a little black UFO with vac hoses going into it) or air flow meters i will pay you good coin for them!

smidge

» CMF Member
its from an MA09ERT, the march ST engine... its a HUGE HUGE long shot

there is only one plastic thing that looks like a UFO, i'll see if i can track down a pic

Back