GA15/16 part compatibility

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
After looking into quads and deciding it's too much money to put into an N/A daily for now, i've been thinking about other intake modifications.

I'm aware the TB will be a straight bolt-up if using a GA15 TB onto the standard micra runners, but i've been thinking about possibilities for changing to a different intake plenum/runner setup as well. Do any of the ones with a horizontal intake chamber type thing bolt up, or are they all using different holt and bolt spacings? Specifically looking at GA15/16 ones like <a href="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a4/Nissan_GA16DE.jpg>this</a>.

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
this:

(note to self, don't use a href linking in posts - can't edit top post now..)

---dens

Attachments

• 28378.jpg
    28378.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 31

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Yeah not too surprised about that. I may be able to get an adapter plate made up, but if I were to do that I'd want to make it worth it and get the best single TB I could for it. Out of the GA15/16 and SR20 intake manifolds, which would be the most painless to take and modify onto the intake ports on the CG?

I could do that or somehow find a GA15 TB or maybe I should abandon all hope, leave intake how it currently is and just look at my options for extractors.

---dens

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Neither. Both are far too large.

What the japs do is cut the N14 GA and k11 CG manifolds around the runners (there's a section where they're very close in size/spacing) and weld them together.

I've seen them on Yahoo Japan.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
If you did that with a GA16 top part and TB, would there be any issues with connecting the TPS and everything else up or is the main issue with the GA16 stuff the inability to bolt it straight onto the CG13 stock manifold?

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Though i'm not exactly planning to put a whole GA16DE into mine like you have ;)

Will keep the idea of welding the GA's TB onto the micra runners in reserve for now, got other more important things to do before that becomes a priority.

---dens

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
i remember seeing somewhere that a toyota intake plenum (can't remember which motor) could be welded onto the bottom part of a stock intake plenum...and they lined up pretty well.

ill have to dig through my micra pics and see if i can find them

Back