which micra!

Started looking for a 1.3 micra,has to be one with coil pack not distributor,which model should I be looking at,my mini has 1,0 with large gearbox,and what year.

thanks murf.

There is no 1.3 with coil packs. When they went to coil packs they went to 1.0 and 1.4 engines.

It basically is a 1.3 though to be fair as it's only called a 1.4 in Europe in japan it was never a 1.4 and it's only 1,348cc so not a 1.4 closer to a 1.35, I'm thinking should have to be over 1350 to be classed as 1.4

1.4 engine

i had one, more a 1.348 really :).

cheers chaps, few questions.

I have the the 1.0 , large gearbox,coil pack .
is it the same as the 1.4 engine size wise,does the 1.4 have the same gearbox?,also which micra runs a 1.4 engine?
what horsepower does a 1.4 put out?
and tuning what to do,where to start.

cheers murf.

cheers chaps, few questions.

I have the the 1.0 , large gearbox,coil pack .
is it the same as the 1.4 engine size wise,does the 1.4 have the same gearbox?,also which micra runs a 1.4 engine?
what horsepower does a 1.4 put out?
and tuning what to do,where to start.

cheers murf.

a cga3 (1.4) crank and rods and an aditional head gasket will give your coilpack 1.0 engine 50% more power murf

a cga3 (1.4) crank and rods and an aditional head gasket will give your coilpack 1.0 engine 50% more power murf

2 headgaskets? If that's what you
mean could this be advisable on my ma12 turbo? Decrease compression slightly reduce the chance of det or would it not work?

its an option many have used eh, i had no option tho :eek: http://www.micra.com.au/community/message.php?messageid=65695

Thanks frank I was wondering how I could do it without domed out pistons or combustion chamber milling, I've heard of it before but was unsure on reliability
Basically stick two head gaskets in job done? Or do you seal the gaskets together with hylomar or something similar? Also are the tightening torques the same using 2

Thanks frank I was wondering how I could do it without domed out pistons or combustion chamber milling, I've heard of it before but was unsure on reliability
Basically stick two head gaskets in job done? Or do you seal the gaskets together with hylomar or something similar? Also are the tightening torques the same using 2

i guess some hylomar might help eh, and they probably compress a fair bit (i usually re-torque my head after its stood for a day or so)
and it tightens the lower chain a treat lol

Back