Which leads to buy

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
NGK make a set for the CG13 (GTRHOLIC has a set and I see them on March in yahoo japan auctions all the time) but I think they may be slightly hard to come by in australia. Mabye contact Gerard @ www.gccorp.com.au and see what he can find?

NGK would be my choice of leads. Heard too many woe is me stories from people having problems with their you-beaut fancy "performance" leads like Noltec, Splitfire, etc.

Attachments

• 18402.jpg
    18402.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 36

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah saw these on Yahoo Auctions..

Attachments

• 18403.jpg
    18403.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 43

cisco

» CMF Member
These are the UK ebay ones..

Attachments

• 18406.jpg
    18406.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 30

cisco

» CMF Member
I think I have Top Gun ones on Blue Monster, handed over from a previous micra that I bought them for originally. But they've been there for AGES now, plus one of them pulled out of its housing and I had to stuff it back together manually by hand, and it works the engine is firing fine, but I just know its dodgy after seeing it do that.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
I checked out some prices once for replacement leads and they were thru the damn roof. Like $150? I changed my mind quickly. I think they were Nissan ones tho...

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Nissan ones are great if you just want to put them in and leave them for another 100,000km.

Cisco I'd seriously go for the NGK... You buy NGK and you KNOW you're getting guaranteed quality.

CMF_James MSC

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"Nissan ones are great if you just want to put them in and leave them for another 100,000km.

Cisco I'd seriously go for the NGK... You buy NGK and you KNOW you're getting guaranteed quality.
Magnecor are pretty respectable too you know hehe :)

http://www.magnecor.co.uk/productinformation.htm - I like the look of the R-100 leads :)

They have an Australian dealer too - www.magnecor.com.au (Shocking site though)

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah I was thinking the same Polar..

Let me see if Magnecor will ship overseas.

Yeah agree Yom: but there would also be other good brands. Depends a lot on what you can get and for what price in Australia.

cisco

» CMF Member
Ah ha yeh!

I emailed them yesterday. And got a response back quick smart:

"Hi Aaron,

I assume this is the CG13DE engine.
7mm leads would be A$155 (inc GST) plus freight. These are black.
I can probably do them in 8mm (blue) or KV85 (8.5mm, red), but do not have
a price to hand (never been asked for larger sizes!). At a guess, I would
*estimate* that 8mm (blue) would be about A$175, and KV85 (red) about A$240.
I stress this is an estimate - if you are interested I can work out an exact price.

Cheers,
Neil"

Well I reckon to be honest, for just an extra $20 you would have to go the BLUE 8mm ones! Red even thicker, but 0.5mm for another $70 doesn't appeal to be too much. When I know even the 7mm would be enough to make my car work just as good. I would be buying the blue 8mm ones purely for aesthetic appeal because they look awesome. I might get a set. Blue leads for Blue Monster.

cisco

» CMF Member
Great news back from the Aussie Magnecor dealer:

I'm definately going to get a set now. Can't wait!

"> Hi Neil,
>
> Thanks for your prompt response.
>
> I am interested in the blue 8mm ones.. Could you please confirm a price and availability/time for me?

OK, just worked it out, and it's cheaper than I thought - A$160 (inc GST) plus freight.
I have all the parts I need, so can make one up pretty much straight away.

These do NOT look like the original leads - the spark plug end looks different; see attached.
While some people do not like the look and prefer the more original looking hard
plastic parts, I personally prefer these one piece silicone boots as in my experience,
they are more reliable."

Unfortunately, we do NOT have credit card / EFTPOS facilities. I can, however,
COD post a set to you - typically this costs A$12-18, and takes 3-5 working days.
Obviously, I'd need a postal address to do this (PO Box is OK).

Regards,
Neil

Attachments

• 18622.jpg
    18622.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 27

CMF_Dodgy Haro

» CMF Member
I had blue Magnecor leads previously in my 4AG powered AE86 sprinter and they rocked ... exact same leads per the picture above. They basically cut the leads to the required length and attach those black plugs to the ends - you get the impression of a custom made set of leads.

I'll recommend them as I never had problems with them and Magnecor certainly know what they're doing.

Also, as an alternative to Magnecor and Top Gun here in Australia, I'm also aware of Splitfire leads available from here:

http://www.modyourcar.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=3138

Not sure about quality - I have heard good / bad things about Splitfire but have not personally experienced them first hand to say anything.

Back