which induction kit

i have the k&n panel filter with my air feed unplugged but want something better. Can any of you here link me to the correct k&n induction kit as there are several around. Mines the final facelift micra (the 59hp version) that was made up until the k11 stopped in 2002. thanks

tbh the panel filter is the best option, fit a better air feed to the standard air box for improvment.

if your after a better noise get a K&N or similar, but again for the best results relocate the filter with a bit of pipe, if you leave it on the throttle bidy as the instructions say add a better air feed than the one supplied...

have search for the ga16 air box, it is bigger and theres also a panel filter for it again a better feed is needed

:)

so what you mean is drill another hole in the air box behind the normal one and stick a cold air feed there with say a 8-10 cm diameter?? i want a new airbox so i can fit the stock one again when i sell the car in a fewyears time. Do all k11 airboxes fit all k11s?? as some of the pre facelift ones look a little diff. Also would adding a new airfeed/replacing my older one affect the incurnce at all. would it even need declaring?? thanks

EDIT: where mite i obtain this GA16 airbox?? any pics?
cant i just get this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-MICRA-...sPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting and mod it myself??

so what you mean is drill another hole in the air box behind the normal one and stick a cold air feed there with say a 8-10 cm diameter?? i want a new airbox so i can fit the stock one again when i sell the car in a fewyears time. Do all k11 airboxes fit all k11s?? as some of the pre facelift ones look a little diff. Also would adding a new airfeed/replacing my older one affect the incurnce at all. would it even need declaring?? thanks

EDIT: where mite i obtain this GA16 airbox?? any pics?

a scrap yard is ur best bet!!!! any k11 airbox should fit as far as know mate.

look for a primera airbox (GA16)!! i just had a look on internet for a pic but i couldnt find one, but it will look exactly the same as your k11 one now just bigger in size!!

thanks Napster that was the one i ment.

yep you can either mod a micra one or a primera/almera ga16 one

the best place i found to get another air box from is a scrap yard :)

thanks Napster that was the one i ment.

yep you can either mod a micra one or a primera/almera ga16 one

the best place i found to get another air box from is a scrap yard :)

what did i do :glance: glad i could help out somehow lol.

scrap yard should be cheaper than that ebay price which saves u money (as long as u have a scrap yard near by??) and u also get to take it then and there without waiting for money transfer, postage, emails and delivery :laugh:

plus u may find something else u want from a k11 while ur there

what year primera air box would i want. Why would i want a primera one?? i assume the size of the thottle body must be the same. I will get an airbox from a scrappy and get some feed pipe off ebay and route it myself.
would this need declaring on the insurace?? i told them about my panel replacement and they said that makes no differance but surely drilling and adding another air feed pipe or using a bigger airbox all together would make a diff. Are the micra and primera panel filters the same size?? sorry for all the q's but i know you guys know all the answers:)

what year primera air box would i want. Why would i want a primera one?? i assume the size of the thottle body must be the same. I will get an airbox from a scrappy and get some feed pipe off ebay and route it myself.
would this need declaring on the insurace?? i told them about my panel replacement and they said that makes no differance but surely drilling and adding another air feed pipe or using a bigger airbox all together would make a diff. Are the micra and primera panel filters the same size?? sorry for all the q's but i know you guys know all the answers:)

i dont know all the answers.........but together we all do lol :laugh: (sorry)

any year primera i do believe, the primera airbox is bigger and will hold more air. thats the simplicity of it!!

as its bigger u would require a bigger panel filter...but if u want a K&N then buy one for the primera :love: and attach it off it.

would u like a pic of mine tomorrow? as no light at the moment lol

help much appreciated guys:) yes please to the pic wil ldeffo help!!
what im thinking of doing is making another hole (seen this on many micras) behind the normal hole that sucks air into the air box as i assume it will then sound just like a cone would. obviously i would use another air feed.
http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s126/mglover070588/?action=view&current=airboxmod.jpg
this link shows a photo (from someones car off this site) with the mod I intend to use

pics on there way tommorw morning mate!!!

i do believe its "Daveyc" micra induction setup!

yes u can do this or on the other side (opposite) you can have another pipe coming off here instead and have it running past the brake fluid resivoir and then behind the drivers light and then infront of the grill?

anywhere you want really in reason aslong as it wont get hot and melt if its plastic etc!

ok il deffo check back tomorow:)
say i did daveyc's setup do i need to declare it as an induction kit, as I really do see no use in insurance if its invalid anyway. thanks

ok il deffo check back tomorow:)
say i did daveyc's setup do i need to declare it as an induction kit, as I really do see no use in insurance if its invalid anyway. thanks

if your insurance said about the panel filter not changing your premium then im not sure it would matter just adding another cold air feed pipe!!!

however some insurance companies only want to know about performance mods, while others want all mods declared......depends who ur with etc

im not gonig to suggest anything to break insurance regulations!! but im not sure you need to with just another pipe!!!

you gonig scrap yard tomorrow if you dont mind me asking!

what other mods have you done?

napster

come to think of it that was with CIS when i told them and im with NFU now dont think i told them as CIS said it isnt actually a mod. Think is i dont wanna do anything that adds premium, as im at uni and money is short at times.
I will go a scrappy next week hopefully (still at uni not allowed carpark permit 1st year:().
So far all i done is the panel filter and speakers and cd player. i bought the car 18 months ago and its only got 25k on the clock now. im doing mech engineering at uni so maybe when i finish il change the engine or something as I wana learn. So far though all i done is serviced it, as it hasnt had anything else wrong on it:p damn reliable nissans

EDIT: forgot to mention, i want a cat-back exhuast but my version of the micra has a consealed back box behind the bumper so if i fitted a performance one it would mean the bumper would need cutting. a lot.

come to think of it that was with CIS when i told them and im with NFU now dont think i told them as CIS said it isnt actually a mod. Think is i dont wanna do anything that adds premium, as im at uni and money is short at times.
I will go a scrappy next week hopefully (still at uni not allowed carpark permit 1st year:().
So far all i done is the panel filter and speakers and cd player. i bought the car 18 months ago and its only got 25k on the clock now. im doing mech engineering at uni so maybe when i finish il change the engine or something as I wana learn. So far though all i done is serviced it, as it hasnt had anything else wrong on it:p damn reliable nissans

EDIT: forgot to mention, i want a cat-back exhuast but my version of the micra has a consealed back box behind the bumper so if i fitted a performance one it would mean the bumper would need cutting. a lot.

hidden backbox?? im intrigued!!! really?

well while u are are waiting to go scrapyard....u have a week to source the ducting you need :blush:

plus remember...if u get the primera one get all of it lol....including the filter as the micra K&N u have wont really fit and if u have no filter wether its a cone or panel then ur going to get rubbish (bugs etc) sitting on ur throttle body restricting air flow

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s126/mglover070588/?action=view&current=4fac_19.jpg
exactly same as my car but mines red:) see no backbox, the tip is bent 90degrees down behind the bumper

thanks for pic....yes now i know which one you meant.

custom job and have the exhaust bent under neath the bumper?

then just attach a splitter to it and it may just look awesome lol

pics as requested mate!!

right this one is of my setup: Primera airbox with induction kit fittind to end with cold air feed running to it!

DSC00742.jpg

as you can see they are longer than standard k11 air boxes: underside
DSC00743.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

inside
DSC00745.jpg

i would like to add another cold air feed as i said above.....to the opposite side and run it behind the drivers light and then to grill!

hope this has helped

Another ugrade you can do to those airboxes, is file off the ridges inside the box for smoother air flow!

the ridges on the top mate??

is that really worth doing though. depends how quickly you can file i suppose :grinning:

well its all worth "dogrosie" thinking about

i could do this
http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s126/mglover070588/?action=view&current=2airboxes.jpg
and add another cold air feed off ebay, which is what i will likely do (just like the previous link i posted with the red micra and the extra feed)

i also could use the primera airbox (as the hole where the air comes into the box is clearly much much larger) but then my cold air feed pipe would be in the way (mines the stock one, yes its unplugged but it still feeds cold air to the general area) Also would need a new air filter if i used the primera one.
thanks for the pics though:)

or even just rip off my airbox and make my own induction kit with plumbing pipes, and locate the airfilter where the old air feed started! (im sure i seen this done on this site before aswel)
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/REGALS-MOTORSPORT

found the guy
http://www.micra.org.uk/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=47
this is ideally what i wanted! if anyone can list the parts needed for this would be very gratefull:grinning: :grinning: (ps i have no idea what diameter my throttle body is!)

no worries regarding pics.....just dismanteled half my car to get a airbox and then searched shed for old 1.3 box lol

the throttle body diameter i believe is "70mil"!

you need a 90 degree bend 70mil with piping same length with jubile clips

Yeah the throttle body is 70mm! I've just been out and checked for you. Luckily I didn't have to take a car apart as I've got a Green induction kit in the garage because we've just given our Micra to my mum. If you want to post up your email address I'll send you some photo's of that when it was fitted (just in the standard position though). The sound it gave was great!! Not scally but nice and deep on acceleration. It also made the engine bay look so much better as it came with a matching breather filter.

Chris.:grinning:

email is [email protected]
cheers for the help guys you are loadsa help:k11motors
EDIT: looking on ebay at 70mm elbows you can only get 90 or 135 degrees angles, yet when i look at the custom setup make of plumbing pipes both the elbows there look around 110degrees. any thoughts on this??

Back