Which engines do k12's share with the Clio?

Which engines do they share? And are they identical in spec or are the k12 engines just derivatives of the Renault engine sharing only some aspects?

The 160SR has the HR16DE, definitely a Nissan engine although Nissan have it built for them by another Japanese company :).

I ask as me and my dad make a little extra cash buying badly damaged cars and stripping them for parts this is just a side job we're both engineers by trade. We currently have a k12 1.2 in with the rear end totally trashed and a Clio 172 in a similar condition and the engine mount seem very similar and the engine angle/position is very similar and my dad suggested that using are engineering skills to mate the two mounts together thus making it possible to mount a 172 engine in a k12 so we've stripped both engines mounts gearboxes looms ect out and are now looking at the mounts

Don't have camera at hand so I borrowed these pics off google to let you have a look can only really see the upper cam end mount though but all the mounts seem as much alike

89844f6f.jpg

158956db.jpg

We do also have a little practis at this sort of thing we recently mounted a B16 Honda engine into my vauxhall nova rally car and that was a much bigger job with the engines sitting totally opposite to each other (gearbox at opposite ends) so don't think it will be that much of a big job just need a straight k12 shell to test mount it in

Back