Which bulbs?

ClnlPanic

Ex. Club Member
Hi everyone,

This is probably a pretty stupid question, but I've never bought a bulb before!

I know I need HUB472 bulbs, but there are so many kinds! Do I need H/LAMP (DIPPED) BULB or DRIVING (MAIN) BULB?

Both side lights come on, but only the driver's side headlight whether dipped or on main beam. The halfords page makes it look like dipped and main beam are two different bulbs, I thought it was just one! Do I need to buy both types of bulbs?

Do the supposed 90% brighter ones really make that much difference?

Thanks,

Joe

dipped and main run off the same bulb so dont get ripped off even though that's hardly an understatement with halfrauds..

i'm pretty sure it's 472 (H4) and not sure about the 90% brighter bulbs dont they just make it have a tint of blue?

I know it's 472, but should I get H/LAMP (DIPPED) BULB or DRIVING (MAIN) BULB?

I'm tempted just to get the spare bulbs kit for £9.99

As you can see in the two attachments one beam is slightly longer than the other, this is 90% compared 30% but it all depends on what you have originally, if you do a lot of night driving then go for +90% or for Look go for Extreme Blue +50%, try and stay away from High wattage as these are derelict these days as +30%, +60% and +90% have taken over.

Attachments

• Overhead Test.jpg
    Overhead Test.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Overhead Test2.jpg
    Overhead Test2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 193
High wattage bulbs will do that, lucky it wasn't all your wiring or even your headlamp that had melted. If you look on Ahmed's blog he's got Ceramic H4 bulb holders which I can get hold of, if you are interested.

What price are they mate? Yeah when i have put my headlights on only one comes on i then have to lift the bonnet and wiggle it back into place gets a fustrating sometimes :grinning:

Back