100/90w Bulbs

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Hello

Recently purchased some 100/90w Bulbs from the States,Put them in last night all fine and dandy. Was only when i put them on again during last night that the O/S dipped beam didnt work. Checked the bulb and was fine,checked wiring and thats fine. Noticed it had melted the plug abit.

Now i know this is a common fault with the Micra,with the plugs melting. Can i do anything to help this sort of power being put through the bulb? I tested the high beam and it worked fine last night,but doesnt work now?

I've now put my original bulbs in and both work fine?

Hi Chris, I can get hold of a Pair of Ceramic H4 Bulb holders if your interested mate? I supplied a few to a couple of members on here and as far as I'm aware they're both happy with what they've got.

100/90 though these are high wattage and won't pass MOT RING 60/55+30% is the equivalent. 130/100 equivalent is 60/55+60% and both of these are legal.

funny how my k10 passed with them in...my super s passed with them in...and my slx passed with them in lol Most MOTers are unlikely to check the bulb wattages as long as they align then they are find anyway.

Then your very lucky. Another thing to watch out for for is plastic reflectors melting. I had a customer try and claim for his Mazda 6 headlamps mainbeam reflector melting, shame he lost. Got both headlamps at work, lol. Projectors give such a good light output.

Then your very lucky. Another thing to watch out for for is plastic reflectors melting. I had a customer try and claim for his Mazda 6 headlamps mainbeam reflector melting, shame he lost. Got both headlamps at work, lol. Projectors give such a good light output.

Oh yeah H4 Ceramic holders plus about 4 or 5" of cable is £4.50 including P&P.

mines done the same!!

i think its the actual heat generated by the bulb not so much the current its pulling.

i've melted 2 connectors now might just fit some simple spades on to sort it cheaper than h4 connectors!!

I've got the Pearly Wot Not H4 Bulb Holders,and they've been fine. I've had 100/90w bulbs in before,but these new ones seemed to dislike the car.

PJG1979 you have PM :)

PM'd you back buddy.

Timmchugh1 (Or is it Tim McHugh 1?) anyway if you do that with just spades make sure you put them in the correct place otherwise you could either blow the odd fuse or blind some one.

Back