Head Light Bulbs

Demarest

Ex. Club Member
My right head light bulb gave up last night (the side light and main beam work, but no dipped), instead of buying just one head light bulb i want to replace both of them with something brighter but still legal so it can pass an M.O.T.

any recommendations of bulbs that dont cost a fortune?

I've noticed that club members get 20% discount from Powerbulbs; what do i quote do get the discounts?

Thanks
RJ

Demarest said:
My right head light bulb gave up last night (the side light and main beam work, but no dipped), instead of buying just one head light bulb i want to replace both of them with something brighter but still legal so it can pass an M.O.T.

any recommendations of bulbs that dont cost a fortune?

I've noticed that club members get 20% discount from Powerbulbs; what do i quote do get the discounts?

Thanks
RJ
http://www.micra.org.uk/t8540-powerbulbs-discount-increased.html

That link will only work with official members btw :)

Panjabi said:
were they easy to fit? Any good? Recommend them? Where did you by from?

H4 headlight bulbs are a standard connection. they'll be as easy to fit as a normal set of lights.

:)

Do you have a link for the company?

Yes very easy to fit, i done the lot (main/dipped bulb +side light bulb) in 30mins in the dark

The bulbs are a lot brighter than the standard ones i had, so definatly worth the money and i'd recommend them

www.powerbulbs.co.uk and seach for "philips blue vision h4" (if your an Offical member you get 20% discount)

You need to unplug the wire going into the back of the headlight by sqeezing the plug either side.

Remove the rubber cover on the back of the headlight

undo the clip for the Main/Diped bulb and carefully remove the old bulb

unplug the wire for the Side light bulb and turn 1/4 turn to remove

Remove the old Sidelight bulb and insert the new one without touching the bulb glass (use a rag)

Replace the new Sidelight bulb with holder and plug back in (test it)

carefully insert the new Main/Dipped bulb without touching the bulb glass (you may have to rotate it as it only goes in one way.)

redo the clip to secure the bulb in place

Replace the rubber cover on the back of the headlight and plug it back in uintill it clicks. then test it and repeat for the other side.

Back