Where to fit Walbro fuel pressure regulator????

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Recently bought a secondhand Walbro fuel pressure regulator, just wondering how on earth I fit it? Didn't come with instructions, so I have no idea. It has 2 pipes attached to it, one longer than the other. Pictures would be appreciated, if anyone has any!

Youll need a fitting that goes onto the end of the fuel rail to replace the stock regulator. Then a pipe from there to the in point on the FPR and a pipe from the out to the return to tank. And the vacuum pipe from the stock regulator to the point on the new FPR

Where can I buy an adapter from? I did have a 1.3 fuel rail without the stock FPR (it had just been cut off and re-welded). Managed to fit the Walbro FPR ok, as there was enough left from the original pipes to connect them. But as soon as I started it up, the revs went up to about 3,500 rpm, sputtered, then cut out. The welding on the adapted fuel rail was so #### that as soon as I turned the engine on, it just ####ed out fuel everywhere grr

Because I'm told that it will give me a bit more bhp, since I'm fitting CG13 cams, 1.3 fuel rail/injectors, straight through heat wrapped exhaust system, and am disconnecting the lambda sensor.

Also, I found the adaptor fpr the fuel rail on eBay, but not sure which one will fit? They have them for Skyines, Silvias, Pulsars, Sunnys, and SXs. Which one will fit my fuel rail?

Right , I can tell you now all that hassle is for nothing, the stock one is up to the job for maintaining pressure at your power level I dont even have one in my st,its not a case of turn the pressure up and get more power

Because I'm told that it will give me a bit more bhp, since I'm fitting CG13 cams, 1.3 fuel rail/injectors, straight through heat wrapped exhaust system, and am disconnecting the lambda sensor.

Also, I found the adaptor fpr the fuel rail on eBay, but not sure which one will fit? They have them for Skyines, Silvias, Pulsars, Sunnys, and SXs. Which one will fit my fuel rail?

i think you just need a generic nissan adaptor dan, and the CG ecu tends to over-ride any changes that you do to the fuelling and tries to keep it locked into closed loop, but with the lambda disconnected you "might" get some gains by altering the fuel pressure, its very much "trial and error" tho (it took me ages to configure some acceleration enrichment)

i think you just need a generic nissan adaptor dan, and the CG ecu tends to over-ride any changes that you do to the fuelling and tries to keep it locked into closed loop, but with the lambda disconnected you "might" get some gains by altering the fuel pressure, its very much "trial and error" tho (it took me ages to configure some acceleration enrichment)

Sounds massively unlikely though, sounds like those stupid resistors that people stick in the ect sensor to run the car rich

Lol how will it give you more bhp?? The same amount of fuel will be coming out the injectors, if you were running larger injectors then it would make sense

More hp can be got from smaller injectors by raising the pressure but you need more air also, putting bigger injectors in is the same thing it will just over fuel

More hp can be got from smaller injectors by raising the pressure but you need more air also, putting bigger injectors in is the same thing it will just over fuel

I'm running near 200 bhp more than stock on my s14 and I haven't got a big fuel pressure reg the stock one is fine! The pressure of the fuel doesn't matter till your running big numbers and risking DET
It will just run the car rich, knacker the cat/s, make it slow as shyte and run like a bag monkey turn falling down stairs

Sounds massively unlikely though, sounds like those stupid resistors that people stick in the ect sensor to run the car rich

you have to question why my a/f/r,s went from 15+ :1 to 13:1 when i disconnected the coolant temp sensor on the dyno ? :eek: (blue trace at the bottom)

Attachments

• SDC11788.JPG
    SDC11788.JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 459
you have to question why my a/f/r,s went from 15+ :1 to 13:1 when i disconnected the coolant temp sensor on the dyno ? :eek: (blue trace at the bottom)

Because when you unplugged it, it jumps into panic mode and over fuels to save the engine

Right , I can tell you now all that hassle is for nothing, the stock one is up to the job for maintaining pressure at your power level I dont even have one in my st,its not a case of turn the pressure up and get more power

:down: I was kind of hoping it would make a slight bit of difference. But I have a lot of free time on my hands next week, and want to fit my 1.3 fuel rail/injectors, and a set of CG13 cams as well, so I'll probably run with the stock FPR and the Walbro FPR, just to see if it makes any difference. If it doesn't make a difference, or if it's worse, I'll stick with the stock one. I don't want to have gone to the trouble of buying it, and not try it out :laugh:

Also, I am getting more air, because I've fitted a K&N performance air filter, and cold air feed (I'm planning on fitting a second cold air feed soon as well).

I can't find a generic adapter, but the adapter for the 200SX and Almera fuel rail look fairly similar, so they might work? And I noticed that I lost my flat spot during accelerating when I unplugged my lambda sensor once before, surely with the 4-1 manifold it will make a bit more of a difference? Especially with the 1.3 fuel rail, cams, etc...

Surely it's always worth a shot though, just to see if it does make a difference? If it doesn't, I can just go back to a stock FPR.

I'm running near 200 bhp more than stock on my s14 and I haven't got a big fuel pressure reg the stock one is fine! The pressure of the fuel doesn't matter till your running big numbers and risking DET
It will just run the car rich, knacker the cat/s, make it slow as shyte and run like a bag monkey turn falling down stairs

Would you slap me if I said I have a straight through exhaust system, which has been wrapped with heat proof exhaust wrap from the manifold to the backbox? Or at least it will do when I get the manifold fitted next week at some point. But I noticed a huge difference after removing the second cat, fitting an aftermarket backbox, K&N air filter, and cold air feed, so surely it won't make it too bad? I guess it's just a case of experimenting with it, seeing if it makes a difference, and returning to a stock FPR if it doesn't.

:down: I was kind of hoping it would make a slight bit of difference. But I have a lot of free time on my hands next week, and want to fit my 1.3 fuel rail/injectors, and a set of CG13 cams as well, so I'll probably run with the stock FPR and the Walbro FPR, just to see if it makes any difference. If it doesn't make a difference, or if it's worse, I'll stick with the stock one. I don't want to have gone to the trouble of buying it, and not try it out :laugh:

Also, I am getting more air, because I've fitted a K&N performance air filter, and cold air feed (I'm planning on fitting a second cold air feed soon as well).

I can't find a generic adapter, but the adapter for the 200SX and Almera fuel rail look fairly similar, so they might work? And I noticed that I lost my flat spot during accelerating when I unplugged my lambda sensor once before, surely with the 4-1 manifold it will make a bit more of a difference? Especially with the 1.3 fuel rail, cams, etc...

Surely it's always worth a shot though, just to see if it does make a difference? If it doesn't, I can just go back to a stock FPR.

Would you slap me if I said I have a straight through exhaust system, which has been wrapped with heat proof exhaust wrap from the manifold to the backbox? Or at least it will do when I get the manifold fitted next week at some point. But I noticed a huge difference after removing the second cat, fitting an aftermarket backbox, K&N air filter, and cold air feed, so surely it won't make it too bad? I guess it's just a case of experimenting with it, seeing if it makes a difference, and returning to a stock FPR if it doesn't.

Cats are massively restrictive and you will notice a big difference, I'm running straight through 4" nur spec system 5" exit, apex t1 manifold, and apexi elbow I noticed a huge difference something like 35bhp

When you richen the mixture you should feel more torque later on but don't surprised if you bog down in the lower rpm :)

Cats are massively restrictive and you will notice a big difference, I'm running straight through 4" nur spec system 5" exit, apex t1 manifold, and apexi elbow I noticed a huge difference something like 35bhp

When you richen the mixture you should feel more torque later on but don't surprised if you bog down in the lower rpm :)

So with my current and planned engine mods, I should notice more torque higher up the rev range after fitting the Walbro FPR? Because if so, I might just fit it anyway, and try and find what engine mods there are to give me a bit more low end torque (Y)

So with my current and planned engine mods, I should notice more torque higher up the rev range after fitting the Walbro FPR? Because if so, I might just fit it anyway, and try and find what engine mods there are to give me a bit more low end torque (Y)
Possibly like I said I've never bothered with them, as I don't need one. But theoretically higher up the revs when the engine is sucking in more air it should give you a better mix closer to stoich for longer, but I could be wrong

Low end you won't want a big exhaust or you'll lose all your back pressure that's what you'll need to shoot off
Tbh your going to always lose bottom end when tuning a small n/a as the power is all in the higher revs, you could consider forced induction like a super charger to get decent off the Mark gains, I'm turboing my 1200cc as I don't really want a high comp screamer I'd rather a low comp bruiser :D

No worries I only put in 'nissan micra fuel pressure adaptor' first link. :p

:laugh:

I didn't even think to look on Google, I just went straight to eBay. But nothing came up when I searched for "Nissan Micra fuel rail adapters", only "Nissan fuel rail adapters". Came up with ones for the 200SX, Sunny, Pulsar, and Almera - all of which look like the one in the link. So I guess it is pretty much generic (Y)

The injectors and fuel rail are the same.....

Lose some weight from the car best gain pound for pound!!
decent Exhuast
Decent cold air induction
Solid supension
Bigger brakes
Performance cams and then save up for a remap

Frank and everyone Is right it's just gonna override it in closed loop

Fit the fpr, you'll be convinced it's Done something but it's more just a mind thing mate

NA is hard way to go for power

Look at what Frank has to do and look at ebb dudes blog mate

Good luck :)

The injectors and fuel rail are the same.....

Lose some weight from the car best gain pound for pound!!
decent Exhuast
Decent cold air induction
Solid supension
Bigger brakes
Performance cams and then save up for a remap

Frank and everyone Is right it's just gonna override it in closed loop

Fit the fpr, you'll be convinced it's Done something but it's more just a mind thing mate

NA is hard way to go for power

Look at what Frank has to do and look at ebb dudes blog mate

Good luck :)

I would strip it out, but I've got nowhere to store the interior! So until I get some garage or loft space, it'll have to stay in. And the exhaust system is pretty decent, saw a lot of gains after I fitted it - Japspeed de-cat pipe, Ashley midpipe, and a universal Jap-style backbox (2" bore, 4" outlet) that has been welded to an Ashley collector pipe. Will have a 4-1 de-cat manifold by next week, and the entire exhaust system is going to be wrapped from the manifold to the backbox with heatproof exhaust wrap. I also have a K&N performance air filter, and Pipercross cold air feed (will soon have a second cold air feed, just so I know I'm getting more cold air). Apexi lowering springs all round (90mm on each corner), and 195/45/R15 tyres. I want to fit CG13 cams as well, as long as I'll see gains from it. I'm not planning on changing the brakes though, as I want to get a pre-facelift SR as another project next year, and want to run vented discs on the front and standard discs on the back - and just transfer all the good bits from my K11 onto it.

I don't really want to go down the turbo route unless I have to though. I want to try and squeeze as much power as possible out of my 1.0 engine, then the 1.3. I'll only fit a turbo as a last resort.

this is the one i used m8 , the pulsar one fit the micra fuel rail, just remember to put bit of grease on the o-ring before you push it on the fuel rail.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370260781734&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Cheers for the tip mate, got an adapter on order as we speak (Y)

Back