fuel pressure regulator + general queries

djlee_dj

Ex. Club Member
can you confirm that a 1.0l throttle body will be sufficent to run with a 1.6 ECU, injectors ecu etc. and not restrict it ?? i can get the 1.0l to run, i cant get the 1.6, its basically a 1.6 engine running a 1.0l throttle body ?

the car has ga16de, inducion kit + 2 1/4" straight through pipe and thats basically it.

i cant seem to get it too run on the 1.6l. i have 2 throttle bodys (no gaurentee's they work tho as from scrapyards - i know the 1.0l one is perfect as was removed from a car that was on the road few weeks ago)

im leaning towards a MAF fault, as if i disconnect this it ticks over perfect (altough only revs out to 3k), plug it in and bog's down + runs like an absolute pig. the elements look ok + have been cleaned.

will the fuel pump be upto the job ? or should i swap it for another ? primera fit ? almera ? walbro make uprated one at all ??

will a fuel pressure regualtor sort my 1.6 TB idling problems ..... how easy are these to set up ?

what products/advice can you offer me

thanks

The 1.0TB has a smaller throat than the 1.6TB. You need a 1.6 TB and ECU. You should also change the fuel pump to at least a 1.6 one. The stock fuel pressure regulator will be fine.

I have read (on here) that the 1.6 primera fuel pump is the same as on the Micra?
Craig

May well be the case, I don't know either way, but it is possible.

i know it has a smaller diameter ..... but if its good to 130bhp ? (going by one of your old posts) ???????

i think the fuel pumps are the same .... (can anyone confrim / craig ?)

so have you any advice on getting the 1.6 on + running ?

mate, its not about the diameter! its about the signals from it, so no, a 1.0 tb will not work correctly on a 1.6 engine, with 1.6 ecu and injectors!

pete i dont hink your reading this right ......... i can get it to run on the 1.0l.

i can not get the 1.6 one to run.

surely the 1.0l one will be ok for fuel etc as its still readin + adjusting the air etc. just a bit restrictive when you up the power ?

I completely understand what Pete is saying but djlee_dj saying "i can get it to run on the 1.0l" What??? Its too confusing unless you can say what you specifically mean.
As far as i can read you have a 1.0L engine which runs fine with both throttle bodies ?? and a 1.6 that doesn't run on the 1.0L throttle body ???

Back