K12 fuel filter issues , power issues

Hi guys ,
Read a few posts about fuel filters and also poor performance issues with No fault codes,,
So, today i Did this ,
1. Had intermittent poor ,Jerky throttle response with No fault codes for the 6 weeks Ive had the car,
2 today it decided to idle and No more, No fault codes (autel full Scan ).3. As i serviced it last week i went to basics, starting at the tank,
There Was an incredible ammount of black nastiness and dirt in the filter under the pump,in the pump housing,
I stripped and cleaned the whole lot, put it back together , car runs ****ing great ,,
So, are those in tank filter assemblies maintenance free as stated? I would say No theyre not .
The only thing now is oil in one spel plug Hole But i guess i need a new rocker cover to Cure that??

“Sealed for life, maintenance free” should be auto interpreted as sealed for short life, otherwise known as planned obsolescence to free market sell new costly replacements to rip off unsuspecting uninfored customers as often as possible. Big business taking people for a ride, doing what its best at .:sneaky:

Last edited:
I guess theres a few factors . A. Petrol station fuel tanks are Probably really old and full of all sorts of smegma..
Can Any fuel filter actually be sealed for life ? The life of What??
It Did occur while doing it, How much would a dealer charge for whst i Did? And in reality they would just supply and fit a new pump assembly ,
Cost me zero But our customers pay over a ton an Hr,

Back