Wheels

Cheers for the advice. Hopefully get some alloys soon, not wanting to be running about with wheels trims.

So a bit of work involved then?

Little bit, not too bad. My mini rims CB's were too small so I spent about 4 hours with a hand file and a flapwheel in an electric drill to open them up. I'm a tight sod though ;) Ideally they would be professionally machined out, don't let my cheap ass ghetto mods influence you in any way :rolleyes:

Little bit, not too bad. My mini rims CB's were too small so I spent about 4 hours with a hand file and a flapwheel in an electric drill to open them up. I'm a tight sod though ;) Ideally they would be professionally machined out, don't let my cheap ass ghetto mods influence you in any way :rolleyes:

I prefer no work at all, just put the wheels on. So it's just really k11 micra, n15 almera, sunny and 100nx wheels that are exact fit. Any others? What about clio alloys?

You know to escape your centre bore you'll need and 8mm spacer. Then any 4x100 wheels are an option.
I use an 8mm on my standard studs no problem. No need for extended ones

Having it sitting on the hub is safer though, stops wheel studs flexing so much over very hard bumps. Spacing wheels puts more strain too.
Historically though it's not been a problem with micras.

There's enough strength in a wheel stud. As long as its torqued up correctly they'll be no issues.
Never had a problem with spacers under 12mm

I prefer no work at all, just put the wheels on. So it's just really k11 micra, n15 almera, sunny and 100nx wheels that are exact fit. Any others? What about clio alloys?
It's a good job not everyone has the 'prefer no work' mentality or we'd all be driving the same car ;) Clio iirc are 1mm bigger on cb, you can get 1mm spigot rings though ;)

4 hours?

I spent £5 per wheel to get them done on a lathe in a matter of minutes.

4 hours flapping is 4 hours you could have been earning £6 minimum wage, so you actually cost yourself £4 lol
You taking the piss? ;) I'm currently applying for approx 15 jobs per week to try and get minimum wage :( Free car mods are my escape and relaxation so I actually enjoyed it. Nowt better than a successful mod for free :D

I know the feeling. You learn to do things on the cheap/free so you get more for your money when you have a few pence :p

Back