wheels??

george

Ex. Club Member
At the moment ive got some black 5 spoke alloys which are not in the best condition, im looking to go more for the euro look than the chav look! at the moment i have 195/45/R15 tires ( i think ) but was thinking about getting some different rims and maybe streched tyres (is this a good idea?) obviously the car is lowered and everything its just the wheels that i think lets it down, the cars silver and im running a 1.0 gearbox on a 1.3 engine i dont know weather i need to take that into consideration with the wheel size? any help would be appriciated :)

There's lots of threads about wide wheels and quite a lot about stretch. have a hunt through the forum. SuperLS, martyboy and Collision's blogs will yeild some info on wide 13s. Hoodedreaper has a most pleasent fitment with his 15" wheels.

To get any meaningful stertch you will want 7" wide wheels, though you can get a little on a 6 with 155s. Stretch is pointless unless it is being used to gain arch clearence when very low or to keep ridiculously wide wheels sort of legal by keeping the tyre tread under the arch.

Be prepared to pay through the nose for small wide 4x100 rims, or be creative with pcds and random old wheels.

I "think" the final drive is lower on the early 1.0 boxes, so if you go for smaller radius tyres you will have a fast accelerating, but slow and noisy on the motorway car. But hey theres a price to pay for looking good. Oh and you'll probably have to lower it some more too.

uum 13 x7 wellers staggered fitment 13 x 8 on rear, mark you seen this before?

13 x 8 front

13 x 10!! rear

weler2.jpg

tn_100_4976.jpg

tn_100_4980.jpg

Back