Wheel/Tyre size does this sound right?

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
Hi happy Halfords have advised me that I can fit 195/45/15 to the K10 1.0 on an F plate is this correct ? Would I be able to go to 205 tyres?

Charlotte

i know that you can put 195/45/15 on your k10, many people on here have put these on. i had these on my 1985 B reg and they were fine. im not sure about 205 though it may be abit to big, ive never seen these on a k10 so i couldnt help you there, sorry.

with 205's you wont get the low profile you need on a 15" rim, iirc you would have to use a 205/50x15, I'm pretty sure that it will scrub quite badly, not only that, the circumference of the bigger tyre would raise the gearing so much that the car would be slowed down significantly.

I tried a pair of 205/50/15" on 7x15" rims on just the front of my micra at standard rideheight a while back, and it only scrubbed the slam panels at full lock. these were well worn tyres though. Rears not tried.

I decided not to fit them because if lowered it, i reakon they would scrub badly, but obviously I cant tell for sure until I get some springs!

195's or 45's should be better, and even with full tread they should be OK at standard rideheight- but thats a guess :)

Wheel Tyre Size

Today I went into my local Nissan Dealer, weren't they happy. I asked about wheel sizes first I was given a blank, then on further questioning I was told that Nissan didn't recommend that I only go to 14 inch and not 15.

Charlotte

Sod that!

the choice is yours..IMO Nissan dealerships (no offence to them intended) have no care for our best interests....Ive had a million puzzled expressions from them.

Their scope of supply and advice is "main stream" and not "mod scene".

How can they tell you 15" is bad for you when its not the rim diameter that is the dominating factor here......?

They will reccomend 14" because it helps with "availability" of rims and matching tyres from their point of view IMO.....<EDIT!!!>

From what I've heared from your posts Charlotte, you have more of a brain than any of the main dealers will ever have put together nationally....so I'd take their advice with a large pinch (bucket full) of salt

OK, deep breath......hhhhhhhhhaaahhh,,(and relax)

sorry for that outburst

stuff it all I'm going to fit a set of 15inch on the K10 along with anti roll bars. Don't car what anyone says 15's Willfit :D If they don't out comes the gas axe!!

Not sure why this topic is moving ok back to technical cos I've got another mad scheme (You're gonna have to go to technical side of the force to know)

Charlotte

Wheels 14 inch

I've got the chance of a full set of 5 wheels from a 1994 "L" plate Almera for not much money at all. Currently they're running 175/65/14 tyres I'm fairly sure this is the wrong aspect but does anyone know if these wheels will fit my K10 ? Oh I believe it's a pre face lift one if they existed as it has the smaller square head lights and the black grill and the ugly bumpers not the cuddly ones on the "H" plates.

Has anyone compiled a list of vehicle wheels which will fit K10s? If so can someone give me a short list of what other vehicle wheels will fit.

Charlotte

stuff it all I'm going to fit a set of 15inch on the K10 along with anti roll bars. Don't car what anyone says 15's Willfit :D If they don't out comes the gas axe!!

Not sure why this topic is moving ok back to technical cos I've got another mad scheme (You're gonna have to go to technical side of the force to know)

Charlotte

15s will fit with low profile tyres but you will have problems with clearance if you load up the car too much, i fitted some as a laugh as we had some in the workshop for sale

unfortunatly not practical so now on 14s

see the pic for proof it will work

mycarpimping.jpg

Ok my opinon:

DO NOT DO IT. 195/45/15 is the VERY most you can do. Even then you WILL need rear arch work as it WILL scrape, not only that even with the work it may scrape from time to time. 205s are whole cm wider and higher profile. You will be in big trouble trying to get these on. Its not the fronts that is the problem its the rears.

I'm having trouble finding 14's let alone 15's. Nissan are stocking 14's although £113.99+vat each. Still got the option on the Almera wheels just need a new set of tyres as they're too big aspect.

If anyone's got a set of 14's forsale let me know please.

Charlotte

if youre OK with steelies, then u can use Sunny GTI steelies (normally fitted with alloys as standard)...thay are spot on for the K10 IMO 4x100pdc, 59.whatever it is center bore ...ofset is inside limmits and they're 14x6" (most K10 std are 13x5" and some really ols ones are 12x4" pram wheels lol)

I have 175x50 tyres fitted to them and they look nice and scruffy (but they're not....they're new and wikid)

Still fairly pricey though....around £75 each though..but lighter than cheap alloys

yes almera wheels are 4x100 and et38 just like late model k11 14 inch rims 185/55/14's or 175/60/14's would be the best tyre sizes to keep the speedo acurate but the 175/65/14's should fit no sweat!

I had 195/40/16's on my k10 super s at one point, dropped 40mm and rear arches were modified to make them fit and no rubbing even 5's up

Back