Wheel Size

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
I no this has been covered many times before but am still unsure about the offset?

I'm wanting to fit 16's and when i was at the wheel shop the other day we tried 16x7 with 205/40/16 and the offset was 40.

These wheels where pretty much sticking out of the guards, For those of you that have 15x7 or 16x7 inch wheels what offset are they?

There is a set of BSA wheels i'm wanting but the way it's going they won't be here till 2010, there 16x6.5 which is perfect but that size is pretty rare and there is not many to choose from PLEASE HELP..

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
i think the offset is 38 or something.

when I bought my rims (like 4 years ago and not knowing any better) i didnt even know about it. i don't think the guys at the wheel place really cared either because they basically pulled the ones I was looking at off the shelf.

maybe i got lucky

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Is that tyre/rim combo legal Tony?

According to the tyre calculator thingy there will be a 1.2" increase in rolling diameter of the tyre which under QLD transport is classed as illegal.

Alot of tyre shops will still sell you the size tyres you want but alot are refusing to do it. There's 2 tyre shops in my area which refuse to fit illegally sized and load/speed rated tyres purely because they don't like the legal backflip of the car owner being defected and putting the blame on the tyre shop.

Might be something to keep in mind mate...

CMF_micraskyline

» CMF Member
I Have 15" OZ Ultraleggera's with 195/45/15 Toyo's
the offset is ET37

Attachments

• 13600.jpg
    13600.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 41

CMF_2

» CMF Member
"2" had 15 x 7J +40 with 195/45 15 rear not a problem,but front do rub the inner plastic guard a bit,only on full lock.

15x7J +40 with 195/45 15.....ok
15x7J +35to+38 with 195/45 15....good

"Rocket" use 16" ,you better talk to him :)

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Yom if you want to fit wheels that are not the correct width or diameter some shops may ask you to sign a form stating that you no what your doing and that your aware.

Have a look at 90% of wheel/tyre shops today and all they advertise is 18-22inch wheels,If there only concern was to follow the book they would be out of business or be selling rims upto about 18inch.

I have a look that i'm going for and when possible i will try to follow the laws but its very hard,especially when your driving a car that came out with 13inch wheels and the most common aftermarket rims are 17s.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh it does make it a little difficult that it uses one of the harder to find tyre sizes when standard, meaning that larger rims also make it harder to find decent tyres..

Getting slightly annoying actually...

Attachments

• 13645.jpg
    13645.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 38

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
I went to the tyre shop to find some nice rims...
The man pulled out a huge pamphlet and my eyes lit up.
He then scanned thru the pamphlet and said,
"You can get that one." *sigh*

Attachments

• 13646.gif
    13646.gif
    48.2 KB · Views: 39

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
A little while back i walked in to one of the local wheel/tyre shops and said "Mate what have ya got in 16s" he said sorry mate we don't stock them.

Attachments

• 13650.jpg
    13650.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 38

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
I rang my wheel guy this afternoon expecting to hear mate your rims are waiting for you to pick them up,but i was told sorry the ship has not arrived yet give me a call next friday,Lucky i'm not in a hurry.

Attachments

• 13651.jpg
    13651.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 55
Back