Tyre size?

Hi all,

What is the standard tyre size for a 1.3 1998 micra, and how many studs does the wheel have... finally, what wheels/tyres combo do most people change to?

Thanks

So what is a standard tyre size? I'm just wondering how much of a difference it is in cost of the tyres between my current car and the micra. Thanks

my 98 micra is the facelift one and it has 14 inch steelies with 165/60 r14 tyres. And my old 1996 micra had 13 inch steelies with 155/70 r13 tyres. Just checked my micra out side and had the old ones from my other micra in the shed

what wheels/tyres combo do most people change to?Thanks

I went from the standard super s alloys with 175/60x13 tyres to 15" alloys with 195/45 tyres, but as they made the car a bit slower due to the extra weight and inertia I have gone down to 14" rims, at the moment I am using 185/60 tyres, but they are far too high a profile, I'm going for 195/45x14 or 185/5014 when I can afford it.

Interesting to see the facelift had different tyres. It seems to me that the Micra isn't such an old womans bubble if you look closely enough.

I will probably put wider tyres but keep to the same profile, Obviously I need a car first!

I'm used to big cars on wide tyres, so I will be happier getting a wide tyre. I'm not one to soup up a car beyond recognition, I will tastefully add proper stuff here and there, but the real mods should be done under the bonnet.

Thanks

I am aiming for a facelift model.

It will be a 1.3 or 1.4 (if i can get one). Mate at work refuses to believe the 1.3 had 75bhp and weight around 830kgs.

I saw a nice 2000 white 1.4 sport+ on autotrader for £1050, it was already sold when i called the guy. I missed out on a blue one today, it went for £829, i bid up to £809, drat! There is also a nice 1998 (pre-facelift) 1.3SR in red on ebay too, but as my wife will be taking the car next year, i gotta think of her too, not just my masculine needs.

yea, thats the one, that one doesn't have power steering, abs or aircon. Which means less load on the engine of course, and more road feel.

But I would prefer one with ABS myself, as ABS has saved my life twice (thats another nice but shocking story), had it (xantia) not have had ABS I would have been dead! I would rather sacrifice braking distance with control of the steering myself.

Anyway, this thread is getting off subject, apologies if anyone is getting annoyed.

Back