wheel Sizes 88 K10

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
What does everyone run on their K10s? I'm thinking of finding the largest wheelsize I can possibly fit. I know I can now run 195/45/15 (from previous post in General) I'm curious to see what the largest wheelsize is

Charlotte

I think you'd be about there with 15's. Though to be honest with anything over 14inch it'll tram-line all over the place and you'll lose any accelaration it did have. Stick to the 12/13's

tyre and wheel sizes

So if you're running 14 inch wheels and you've lowered it does that mean if I go to a 16 inch wheel the aspect would need to drop to 35 ?

Could be interesting or is 15 the maximum, now what if I flair the arches then what size could I fit?

Charlotte

15s are the size used by alot maybe with possibly a little arch trimming or clip trimming but i dont know

my alloys are 14" but with a 65 profile but hey im not complaining as they were cheap but when the tyres are bald im getting some nice 15" alloys

Wheel Sizes

I've checked with Ronal wheel company who are claiming that I can put anything upto a 16 inch on without any mods, 16 inch would need a slight flair on the arches and a 40 aspect tyres, yes 195/40/16 tyres are expensive. So I'm going to stick with either 14 or 15 inch with no mods.

Charlotte

the trouble with 40 profiles is that they are very unforgiving on the road, you can feel every slight irregularity on the road surface like its a huge crater, 45s have a nice balance between handling and comfort.

i've got 185/55/14's on lowered springs the rear left wheel sometimes rubs. Even with the arches sliced off, and additional bump stops fitted. Only happens on the worst bumps though, but been alot better since fitting the second set of bump stops. The only thing now is my suspension is very very firm. Makes great handling, but a very uncomfortable drive!

Back