wheels sizes.........and things

CMF_rowstar

» CMF Member
Hello there,
I'm new to this forum, I've just purchased a Blue 1995 Micra Super S (125,000km) and was wondering what are common wheel sizes and offsets people go for on a standard micra? Think ...conservative though haha nothing too fat just a rim size upgrade and a little more rubber width I guess.

I'm also very interested in upgrading a few little things on the car and am finding it hard to find places i can purchase/browse through goodies like suspension, exhaust, and wheels. I take it there isn't a large market for Micras?

...any websites would be a great help!!! thanks

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Welcome aboard mate. Spend some time searching the posts on this site and you'll quickly get up to speed. There's some excellent stuff on here, especially the odd pearl of wisdom from long time member 'Turbo March Rolling Shell' :p

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Hey,

like littlebear said before, search a little bit around the community, there are different posts and some lists with legal wheeldiameters.
Good luck.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
geeze mate, you got it as a daily and now you're modding it haha..

you're right there isnt a large market for parts with these cars..

if you're after an exhaust go get a cheapy press bent up at an exhaust place, use a VN/commo cat, get a muffler to suit and there you go..shouldn't cost you more than a couple of hundred bucks.

wheels, 15 is the max i'd go..14s + dumped look good.

few companies have coilovers, but yeah you prob dont want to go there.

i ran chopped springs in mine for a while and it was pretty low..ghetto style..seemed to run fine..shocks were pretty old though so meh

whiteline provide a pretty complete suspension set.

might want to check jap auctions for stuff...import monster, etc..

uhh...thats bout as much as i can remember for now

CMF_rowstar

» CMF Member
thanks nick!!

i've got some quotes on new suspension.
can anyone tell me if these prices are ok.

Pedders lowered springs (30mm lower) $90 each x 4 + labour ($260)
Koni shocks x 4 $821 includes labour

Whiteline Panhard adj rod x 1 = $170

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Hey Rowstar, I have a set of Koni adjustables and Whiteline lowered springs for sale for a heap less than that. PM me if you are interested. Check out my recent post for an image of how my SLX looks like with them on 15" wheels (also for sale). I think the drop is probably around 50mm-not sure. I think 30mm is not enough to make it worth spending the $$. There is no issue with rubbing at all with mine (each case depends on offset).

Steering can feel a little heavy with out power steering but in my experience that is more to do with wheel size than drop.

Installation is a snap. All you need are some stands a jack and a few simple tools and you could do it yourself in an hour or so. The only tool that you may have to buy or at least borrow is a torque wrench to make sure you get bolt tensions correct. You won't even need spring compressors despite what you may read. :)

Back