removing door cards on 88 K10

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
I'm having great games removing the door cards of the 88 K10 auto, I've got all door card moving but it's being held by the window winder and the door opener my question is how do I remove these items to enable the door card to come off so I can fit the central locking units.

Charlotte

Theres a little metal clip you need to hook out with a small flat screwdriver or some long nose pliers. Don't forget to search the forums for guides as a lot of this has been covered before :)

This pin where exactly is it? in the window winder or door opener? I've searched the forums all I seem to find is from a K11 not an early K10

Charlotte

You probably wont see it, but stick a small screwdriver down there and fiddle around and you'l probably hook it and pull it out.

i put in my central locking while leaving the cards in place, they are very flexible and just wedge an appropriate piece of wood in between the door and the card and you should have plenty of room to work!

push the door card in around the winder and you will see the clip, the door opener is easy just pull the cover off

Still can't find this pin you're refering to Arnold. I'll give the idea about turning the cards around to see if I can find it. Exactly what kind of pin am I looking for? Is it a split pin or a single pin like a woodruff ?

Charlotte

eh!!! No it's not!!! It's a silver pin the shape of the letter n with the ends tunned up!!! It's only about 1mm thick. U need to put the door card back on properly to find it. If you turn the window winder so it's facing about 10 past on a clock and you then need to either get a small flat screwdriver or long nose pliers and hook it out. You might have to fiddle around a bit as it's not that visable at first. Will see if i can get some pics later for u if your still having trouble.

Dont know if you found anypics of how get the winder off of the k11 because the clips are the same, also on k12's, transits and mercs. lol

Are you havin trouble too then lol?!!

Personally i think they're easy to get off the k10, coz they're so old!! But haven't attempted any other model yet!

Heres what they look like charlotte;

Attachments

• DSC00810.JPG
    DSC00810.JPG
    331.1 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC00811.JPG
    DSC00811.JPG
    255.6 KB · Views: 222
Back