wheel sizes? URGENT help required!

Hi there. taken the wheels off of my K10 last night to get the tyres changed, and they're quite rusty. there are some second hand ones here at work, but the sizes are slightly different. could anyone please tell me the consequences of the offset being slightly smaller (so the wheel sticks further out into the road) and the J size is half smaller on the new wheels (current ones are 5J, new ones could/would be 4 1/2J). apart from that, they look very similar.

only problem i can forsee with fitting them is the centre hole for the wheel hub to go through, its around 2mm smaller on the new wheels, will this make it not fit?

please reply soon.
Dave

might be able to get some. will go and yoink the work camera.

if they do need boring out, how hard/expensive will it be?

i'll try and get some picks of the other wheels (got the spare in atm, as its cleanest for reading marks on) too so you can see what i mean about the rust... ;)

right, pictures. first of the new wheels, then of the current (spare) ones, then the rest of the rusty ######s.

PICT0651.jpg

PICT0653.jpg

PICT0654.jpg

PICT0655.jpg

is that an hour per wheel, or for all four? i'll probably end up doing that anyway, just for aesthetics and peace of mind.

what will having the wheels further out do to the car? make it handle better/worse? etc etc etc

Back