Whats this mean??

can any body tell me what on a k10 micra, the L or LS and all the letters mean??

Please do not use txt speak on the forum!!!

do dey actually have a meaning though??
mine's L and it just had me wondering wat its for

am Irish so our english is a wee bit different :D

But Irish when typing English words are spelt the same, as is any nationality communicating through text and the English Language, typing phonetically doesn't help.

Some that i know:

L/LS poverty model, sunroof, no rev counter, radio, one speaker boot release outside the car, no inetmittent wipers

GSX - Better interior trim (not boring grey) Clock (or sometimes tacho) casette radio, 2 speakers, interior boot release?, better steering wheel, intermittent wipers, (can be 1235cc)

SUPER S - ALL OF ABOVE INCLUDING: Sports body kit, sports seats, optional alloys, light tint windows, driving lights, only in 1235cc catalytic model.

But Irish when typing English words are spelt the same, as is any nationality communicating through text and the English Language, typing phonetically doesn't help.

I'm what we call here a bogger and use the same words but just don't use them the same way :D

imp124
mine has intermittent wipers,and i fitted an electronic boot release :) and a aftermarket tacho,,and a proper set of speakers but it had an old radio when i got it,,and i hate sunroofs so i can live without it think am up to the gsx standards lol :D
thanks for the info

and this site is bril :D
There's always sumone to explain things ;)

LS is poverty spec, L comes in just above it with intermitant wipers and clock in the dials and also has the wiring taped up ready to plug in a super s clock

All wiring looms are the same across all models i think. and the GSX didn't have a tacho, that was the SLX

Depends on there location, get some photos up! Also please don't use 'txt speak', cheers

ok i will get some pic's tomorrow but i know there is 2 iirc right beside the steering colum and 1 or 2 above the fuse box

ok ppl found 3 blank plugs
as you can see this white plug is next the driver door
12012010460.jpg

This black plug is next the steering column
12012010461.jpg

And this white plug is nearest to the front of the car near the rubber bung going into the engine bay
12012010462.jpg

Can any body explain what these are for??
And please excuse the wiring with the black and red wires its not permanent :D

i have seen these clips aswell but have no clue maybe it was something to do with the other versions of the k10? like the st - electric mirrors/windows didnt they have?
just speculating or it could be for aircon?
would like to know also

i have seen these clips aswell but have no clue maybe it was something to do with the other versions of the k10? like the st - electric mirrors/windows didnt they have?
just speculating or it could be for aircon?
would like to know also

yes the ST does have electric mirrors but when i had these on my super s i had to make the wiring my self as i dont think the UK spec came with them, :p

Steve

threads a bit old but i cant help but stick my nose in....
and you do sound like a quarn proper culchie grevs! (just to throw in some irish terminoligy :))
i bought my base spec micra which didnt have ANYTHING along the lines of optional extras...
best thing to do is to look at your owners manual as the pictures of the dash in that usually show the highest spec model to cover all the switches etc. then hit the breakers yards with a fistfull of cash and turn it top spec... or thats what i did anyhow :D
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/36169-My-Micra-D

Back