What does this mean? (On service receipt)

pixieness

Ex. Club Member
Just flicking through the service history. My car was last serviced in November 2006 (ooops). I noticed that they carried out a full service and MOT, and underneath the fee details it says:

During repairs to your vehicle it was noticed:
NSR rollbar link soon
Front tyres 4mm
Front outer CV gaiters cracking

Now obviously I can work out that the tyres will need replacing soon. But what do the other 2 things mean? Wikipedia won't help me on this one!

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
The bit of rubber that connects the rear rollbar to the suspension will need renewing soon.
The rubber boot that protects the CV joint in the hubs is getting hard and will soon split - allowing dirt into the joint and reuining the bearings.
Craig

frank

Club Member
pixieness

your as bad as me, my misses,s has had 2 maybe 3 services since 99 :glance:
the antiroll bar has a link with a rosejoint on each end (maybe showing some play ?)
the cv boots will be ok if not split
edit not as slow as me ollie

OP
OP
pixieness

pixieness

Ex. Club Member
Well I only got the car in September so I'm not doing too badly really!!!!

Ummm... are all those things dangerous? I'm planning on driving it from Hertfordshire to Edinburgh this weekend!

OP
OP
pixieness

pixieness

Ex. Club Member
Thank god for that :grinning: Thanks chaps! Should I be expecting these things to be repaired at my next service, i.e. is it going to cost me an effing fortune?

alchemyst

Ex. Club Member
pixieness

your as bad as me, my misses,s has had 2 maybe 3 services since 99 :glance:
the antiroll bar has a link with a rosejoint on each end (maybe showing some play ?)
the cv boots will be ok if not split
edit not as slow as me ollie

there not rose joints there ball joints. :grinning:

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Should be about £60-70 per CV boot - if you fancy getting ditry, get under the car and have a look at what is there, never hurts to learn stuff ;)

OP
OP
pixieness

pixieness

Ex. Club Member
Come on over and tell me what I'm looking for! I'll make you a ham, cheese and pickle sandwich and make you a lovely cuppa for the trouble :laugh: It's all just... black stuff bolted together. I should get myself a Haynes manual I suppose...

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Jack the car up safely and get under the front wheel. You may be able to take the wheel off and have a look. Its the ribbed rubber bit directly behind the wheel hub. Spin it round, you'll see the split in it somewhere.

mike

I love Ed!!!!
or do what im doing and paying £30 for two used driveshafts with good condition cv joints and replace yourself.

Cheating FTW